Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just put on the FRPP Stingers **NOW WITH VIDS**

Old 12-01-2006, 02:10 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default Just put on the FRPP Stingers **NOW WITH VIDS**

and wow, what a difference. it's totally woken up the sound on the stang. of course, the stock mufflers sounded good but these muffs took my car to a whole other level.

starting it up is freaking sweet. i had a group of people watching my car get worked on as the stingers were installed and when it started up for the first time, the look on the people's faces were priceless. driving around is going to be a new adventure, that's for sure. there is drone and it's pretty loud if you're not used to it. it's around the magic 1500-2000 rpm level, probably starting closer to 1800 than anything. however, playing the radio at regular levels totally drowned out whatever exhaust noise there was so i am not worried about it.

the stingers i got are the Ford Racing muffs that say ford racing on the muffler and on the chrome tip on the top. the tips stick out enough to where they are not flush with the bumper but that's only because you need to see the "ford racing" insignia.

i'll have some pics and most likely a sound clip/video up by tomorrow. for now i'm going to work so my bosses can hear the new ride. they've been salivating since i told them i ordered the stingers. lol
Old 12-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Just put on the FRPP Stingers

Congratulations and welcome to my world lol. They are awesome!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:34 PM
zcat
2nd Gear Member

are the Ford Racing Stingers actually Borlas?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

yessir!
They are the same
Old 12-01-2006, 02:39 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

excellent, can't wait to hear the stingers

Old 12-01-2006, 03:18 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Installing mine in the morning. Can't wait to see how they sound with the Kooks.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:59 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

so i get to work and meet up with one of my bosses who was really wanting to hear the car. there's a huge managers meeting and they were in the middle of taking a break so he said we needed to go down and hear it immediately. i started it up and you could see the grin on his face. mind you, this guy is a total american made musclecar nut so hearing the stingers was just like heaven. i revved it a few times and he smiled even more. he loved the sound.

now as i shut the car off, he said he even loved how it sounded when it was turned off. kind of a burbling sound. i started to walk away and another one of the managers was outside at the time having a smoke. he told me that we weren't leaving and that he wanted to hear the car. he had heard it roaring as i revved it but he wanted to see it up close. turned the car on again and i got another thumbs up.

so far so good.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:10 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

i can tell you..they sound awesome with kooks....
ORIGINAL: scramblr

Installing mine in the morning. Can't wait to see how they sound with the Kooks.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

congrats and welcome to the club......they do make a HUGE difference over stock...they sound even better with Kooks LT and Catted X Pipe...congrats
ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT

and wow, what a difference. it's totally woken up the sound on the stang. of course, the stock mufflers sounded good but these muffs took my car to a whole other level.

starting it up is freaking sweet. i had a group of people watching my car get worked on as the stingers were installed and when it started up for the first time, the look on the people's faces were priceless. driving around is going to be a new adventure, that's for sure. there is drone and it's pretty loud if you're not used to it. it's around the magic 1500-2000 rpm level, probably starting closer to 1800 than anything. however, playing the radio at regular levels totally drowned out whatever exhaust noise there was so i am not worried about it.

the stingers i got are the Ford Racing muffs that say ford racing on the muffler and on the chrome tip on the top. the tips stick out enough to where they are not flush with the bumper but that's only because you need to see the "ford racing" insignia.

i'll have some pics and most likely a sound clip/video up by tomorrow. for now i'm going to work so my bosses can hear the new ride. they've been salivating since i told them i ordered the stingers. lol
Old 12-01-2006, 04:14 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

the kooks are something i am looking at but at the price they are now, they'll have to wait. lol

i wish i didn't have to work today. i want to be out jumpin all over it in the stang. [sm=gears.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just put on the FRPP Stingers **NOW WITH VIDS**