Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

stage 3 comp cam dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 02:09 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Default RE: stage 3 comp cam dyno results

I have a question for you guys that are cammed ..... now my stang is my DD and i want to get as much power as i can but i dont want to go with forced induction because i want it to last as long as possible... so im going with most of the bolt on stuff .... would messing with the internals such as camming it eventually decrease the longevity of the engine?
Old 12-25-2006, 02:39 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

i mean those numbers are tight, but aren't they quite low for that amount of mods??
Old 12-25-2006, 10:24 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteStallion06

I have a question for you guys that are cammed ..... now my stang is my DD and i want to get as much power as i can but i dont want to go with forced induction because i want it to last as long as possible... so im going with most of the bolt on stuff .... would messing with the internals such as camming it eventually decrease the longevity of the engine?
These are not huge cams. As long as you do not change your driving habits and hit 7k on the tach on the time, no.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:30 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

i mean those numbers are tight, but aren't they quite low for that amount of mods??
Considering that many of my mods are driveline and suspension, I think the numbers are respectable. My theory was if I can't put the power to the ground, why bother. I have taken F.I cars at the 1/8th mile track including a GT500 2 outta 2 runs because I hook so well (1.68 and 1.69 60 foots on KDW2's). On a 1/4 mile they would have caught me. Actually haven't made it to the track since the extra38 hp from the cams and new dynotune.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:31 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

ORIGINAL: doodad

holy shi t !!! i bet you spend thousands and only 321rwhp? i have got to sell my car and get a cobra.. our cars takes forever to make fast unless you are rich!!

Hey doodad,

Are you serious? Read the post, an automatic transmissionS197GT with321RWHP on a Mustang dyno? If this was a 5 speed making pulls on a DynoJetthe car would be putting down well over 350RWHP or400+BHP.Those are some serious ponys, not C6 Z06 class but enough to make a standard C6 have to work pretty hard to stay in front.

HTH

You guys really need to get over this mustang dyno thing.. I assure you he would not be putting down 350rwhp on a dynojet. I know people love to claim 5-10% diffrence between a mustang dyno and dynojet but its really pointless as a mustangdyno varies the load based on the weight input as well as conditions so it can be any percent or identical. The only numbers you can really compare are SAE Dynojet numbers vs SAE Dynojet numbers and even those have a % of error.

Mustang dyno vs mustang dyno is not even a worth while comparison as the numbers can vary greatly by the setup.

No onto the dyno numbers... Yes they are very nice numbers for a Slushbox, but I think LT Headers are really needed for his setup to bump his TQ numbers up a bit.

Oh and Doodad.. look at my numbers in my sig, I have just the standard boltons and make plenty of power (and my dyno numbers were with a .95 SAE correction factor. So in those conditions that day I was actually put out just under 340 rwhp). I'll be shooting for some serious numbers when I put stage II heads and a cam package on. I actually have whooped a few cobras and Mach1's already including a Terminator Vert at the track. So to say these cars don't make power is a joke. My goal is to make as close to 400rwhp N/A as I can before I move to a built block and FI.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:24 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Mine are corrected numbers on a dynojet as well.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:30 PM
gibsonjb

The tuner asked me if I was going to get the stang a supercharger. I told him what I had heard about FI with the stage 3 cams being a waste since I've heard you just blow air out the exhaust. He said not if you keep the boost low. So my question is what do you think? Should I go for a saleen SC and low boost, with my stage 3 cams? Or should I just get heads later on? How much pain would it be if I swapped heads later if I've already got the cams swapped. What would you guys do?