Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

All new DSS 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft at Lethal Performance.Com

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default All new DSS 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft at Lethal Performance.Com

We're proud to announce the all new 600 and 900hp 3.5" Aluminum Driveshafts from The Driveshaft Shop which weight in at only 16.5 lbs.. Being that Lethal Performance is DSS's Largest Ford Parts Distributor we bought out the entire 1st run to offer these exclusively to our customers before anyone else.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...riveshaft.html
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...riveshaft.html

The driveshafts will be in stock next week and supplies are limited until our second pre-ordered batch arrives. Here's some information on the driveshafts.

The 2005-2007 Mustang was delt a bum deal in the drive shaft department. It left the factory with a 48lb 2 piece shaft that was not only heavy but also had a hanger bearing that moves up and down violently when you stomp the gas pedal. This is DSS's newly designed 3-1/2" drive shaft that is completely different that any other shaft on the market today for the car. All other manufacturers are making a 4" shaft that has a clearance issue, when the car is lowered or if there is more than 2 people in the car the 4" tube will hit the floor, Our all new 3-1/2" shaft will not have those issues. This shaft is designed for 600HP and had solid joints (made to go 50,000 miles with out making a mess under the car) these shafts are going to be very scarce in the beginning due to Dana/Spicer not releasing the other parts we use on the shaft. Lethal performance had purchased our entire first run of this shaft. This kit comes with everything to make this a job that can be done in your own garage.

Pricing is as follows...

$699 on the 600hp Shaft
$799 on the 900hp Shaft

**Only available at this time for Manual Cars**

If you would like to order please give us a call and we'll be glad to assist you. Thanks, Jared@Lethal
Old 01-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: All new DSS 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft at Lethal Performance.Com

Is there any kind of maint schedulefot this D.S? Just asking since you mentioned its designed to go 50k without making a mess.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:05 PM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

Looks nice !!!

Do you know of an approx.ship date forthedriveshaft foran automatic?

thanks

Old 01-06-2007, 03:36 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

When will the Automatic Version be out?? I would buy it today if you had it. So is this the normal price or the Mustang Forums Price? All i need is the 600HP version since i never plan on going that high. Also is this like the Powerhouse versionas far as install goes? Meaning not having to replace or remove other parts?

Richard
Old 01-06-2007, 04:06 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

DAMN you Jared.. My order list to place with you keeps getting longer and longer..

I'll give you guys a call on monday to place my first order of the month. Can't order everything I want yet as the Payroll company screwed things up this week. (Bastards put the wrong date on the Direct deposit so that bank won't release my check. I want my $1800 now..[:@])

I was going to hold off on a DS and do it the same time as the 6speed, but now that a quality 3.5" is released sign me up for the 900hp shaft.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Unless your thinking of a diff tranny I'm pretty sure the t-56 comes with a 1-pc DS anyway, at least in D&Ds T-56 kit. But a 1 pc will be one of my next mods when I get my money right.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:42 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

The tranny never comes with a DS, D&D just offers a kit with it. I'm going with the TR-6060 which the GT500 uses and teh new Z06 & Viper also have gone with. Its the T-56 replacment.

I'm not doing the tranny to I build the new engine, since the GT500 flywheel uses a 8 bolt crank and the GT a 6 bolt. When I do put in the TR-6060 Depending on what the GT500 Alum DS are running I will either sell this and buy one of those or have this one shortened to fit.

I figure this is one of the mods I must do if I want to get deep in the 11's N/A.

Jared- Hook me up with a deal on a DS Loop for this unit as well. Might as well do it at the same time
Old 01-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, i would be very interested in an AUTOMATIC Version. Is that going to be out anytime soon?? how does this compare to the Carbon Fiber DS and the powerhouse? thanks
Old 01-06-2007, 09:27 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

How much does this one weigh???
Old 01-06-2007, 09:34 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jay0heavenly

How much does this one weigh???
Wow.. Guess no one reads anymore...

First line it states 16.5lbs...

And in my view this is a better option then a CF shaft unless you are going to going for 1000+ hp.
I waited as I did not want a steel one and the 4" alum have clearance issues when lowering the car.
I'm all over this one.

Quick Reply: All new DSS 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft at Lethal Performance.Com