Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2nd Semi Annual Mid Atlantic Mustang Cruise. 4/7/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:01 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2nd Semi Annual Mid Atlantic Mustang Cruise.

Matt, if you've got an extra camera, I'd definitely shoot some throughout the day. I'd love to steal my mom's Canon 20D for the event, but I don't think she would be too keen on the idea!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:31 PM
cphair
1st Gear Member

Chalk up another one for the cruise. Got a friend bringing his 500 RWHP06 Saleen from Newport News, VA. Gotta trailer it to Jesup behind me since it only runs on race gas now.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:47 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

OMFG I AM SOOO O PISSSED. I just F'ed up my pipes on the passenger side, this jerkoff ran me partially off the road and I grounded out the pipe and Frikin flatend it (not completly mind you but enough that I cannt just fix it) so now I have to call Cervini's in the morning and hope to GOD that they will sell me just the back half pipe for that side and not make me buy the whole dam kit over again which is like another $1300.00 that I just don't have at the moment. Hopefully they can have it too me before the cruise cause I just can't stand to see my baby like this in soo much pain, yes I was/am pissed and I am not ashamed to admit I cryed for some time about this. Oh and I have a small yet painfuly noticable nick in the rear wheel too damit so I have to see about getting that fixed. Some people need to learn how to f'in drive god damit.

ORIGINAL: BlackBetty

Matt, if you've got an extra camera, I'd definitely shoot some throughout the day. I'd love to steal my mom's Canon 20D for the event, but I don't think she would be too keen on the idea!
Well if I go I will be bringing my Canon Elph SD500 which I use to take pics while driving, my Canon Powershot S3IS which I use when I do not feel like carrying around the DSLRs and one of the D100s with a 24-120mm VR Lens and probably a few odds and ends for the cameras. My friend Niel will probably be riding with to take some pics too, he will probably bring his Canon DSLR and I may bring my JVC Evario camcorder but last time I never got time to use it ;D

well I am going to try and get some sleep now tomorrow is going to be an even more painful day trying to get my darlin fixed up. Such a dam nightmare, why me I've been good

Old 03-23-2007, 01:10 AM
steamfish
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LanceH

Flewbyu,

I guess you should move me to the maybe, but probably not list.
Today is DAY 17 that the dealer has had my car for the rear axle noise TSB.
Supposedly, they are going to rip it apart one more time and the shop foreman is going to assist the tech, and if that doesn't work, they are going to bring in Ford engineers.
God knows how long all that will take but I doubt it will be done by the Cruise date.
I hope they can fix it but I expect that this will end up with me getting my money back under the lemon law eventually, in which case I won't have a Mustang, LOL.
You guys have fun on the cruise, and I'll let you know if anything changes.

Disappointed in Frederick,
Lance
Somebody needs to pickup Lance!

I would but I'm comin' up from Virginia.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:04 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

steamfish--
Somebody needs to pickup Lance!
Yes! Frederick guys chime in here........

mattiblasi--
OMFG I AM SOOO O PISSSED. I just F'ed up my pipes on the passenger side, this jerkoff ran me partially off the road
I know it sucks dude but we all know it will get fixed. You have got plenty of guys from your way coming so if you don't get it fixed within 2 weeks just jump in with one of them. We need your photo skills and your Mustang passion!!

cphair--
Chalk up another one for the cruise. Got a friend bringing his 500 RWHP06 Saleen from Newport News, VA. Gotta trailer it to Jesup behind me since it only runs on race gas now.
Cool, you gotta any of his info yet? Shoot it to me brother!

tonkpils555666sas--
how many cars are up for this so far?

Updated Donation List! 3/23/07

2 weeks from from now we roll!

ROUTE AND FLIER: Read over it cruisers, know where you are meeting and the time.
http://www.archionslair.com/download...uise_Flyer.pdf
http://www.archionslair.com/download...UISE_ROUTE.pdf

(75 Mustangs and counting!)

Thanks to these guys for contributing cash towards the cost of this event.
Donate money at www.flewbyu.com I hope more of the cruisers will join this list. $10,$25,$50,$100?Every little bit helps!

flewbyu $$[sm=smiley32.gif]

4mymustang $$[sm=smiley32.gif]
justin5.0 $$[sm=smiley32.gif]

Heavyg72 $$[sm=smiley32.gif]
cphair $$[sm=smiley32.gif]
owero01 $$[sm=smiley32.gif]

91LX5.0 $$[sm=smiley32.gif]
Vack75$$[sm=smiley32.gif]
KevinG$$[sm=smiley32.gif][/quote]
Old 03-23-2007, 10:37 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Oh I'll find a way to get it done, My father is being a help too, in 20 min when Cervini's opens I am going to call them an see what I can do about getting the part.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

I passed a bunch of fliers out on Andrews Air Force Base yesterday........ some CLEAN GT'S!!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

Oh I'll find a way to get it done, My father is being a help too, in 20 min when Cervini's opens I am going to call them an see what I can do about getting the part.
Matt, SO sorry to hear about that! I could just imagine how you felt. I sure hope you can get her back in tip-top shape right away. -Joe
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

Hang in there buddy..you are leading the pack from the Northern VA side....got to have you, up and ready..
Old 03-23-2007, 11:42 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

OK so for the update, I took the car to a friend today and tomorrow we are going to see about cutting off the crushed part of the pipe and welding on a new one, also talked to Gray (for those who don't know he is my paint and body shop genious) and he is going to fix all of the wonderful nicks in my front bumper and hood (regular driving crap) as well as install my hood pins and my clear corners. Now the PLAN is to get this done BEFORE the cruise, with one added bonus.

Jesse has gotten in his shippment of Turbonetics kits and guess what --- mine is one of them ..

So that should ship early next week along with the gauges turbo timer and wheel spacers, and I have 2 weeks to get this all done. So tomorrow we are going to see about fixing my pipe. On the two days we plan to spend installing my kit the front bumper and hood will be on the other side of the building getting repainted, and once it is all done the entire car will be wet sanded and buffed to a high polish. Then it goes for a few runs and a custom tune at Springfield Motorsports, and into the garage. There will also be 2 days dedicated to the brakes as I need to get the dealer to install the longer studs (coming with the spacer) then get the car on the lift so we can install the front and rear brakes. I need to run the video wire for the new 19" monitor in the trunk, build the mount for the mac mini, run the video wire from that up to the headunit, install the power supply, and powerinverter for the screen, and I have to finish the brackets for the screen. Oh and I am having my seats redone which is about a 2 day job also.

Thats not everything I am doing but it is the best I could ever hope to get done in time for the cruise if I can get it done in time.

So who thinks I didn't already have enough to do before the dam off-roading incident.

It'll get fixed, and it will be at the cruise, the only question is will EVERYTHING be on in time.

Quick Reply: 2nd Semi Annual Mid Atlantic Mustang Cruise. 4/7/07