Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

first race in my stang, now windows wont roll up

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:13 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: first race in my stang, now windows wont roll up

http://www.2005stang.com/viewtopic.php?t=1087
Fuse box Fuse box - description of fuses
Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 AM
s197

yea thats in the owners manual i tested every fuse i could find.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:15 AM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

Hey,

Its fuse number six (i think) in that kicker panel. Its a 5A fuse and in the manual it's listed as Accessory Delay Feed. Change it and it will start working again. I'm thinking you probed wrong. Your windows should not work, and your radio should be dead. However, if you take a wire and run it from the positive terminal on your amp to the REM terminal (make sure its a 5A fused wire), the amp and radio will turn on.

I can tell you exactly what happened. You grounded the REM wire going back from your radio to your Amp. Check your ground going to your amp and I bet you will see that its touching or touched the REM wire coming back from your radio.

Let me know...

~Fred

Note: If you take it to the dealer, tell them what I said here or else its going to take them a couple hours to figure it out. Mine said it would take a couple days, so I took it to my house and figured it out myself in 20 minutes (i just probed everything).

Note 2: Do yourself a favor and don't put the fuse box cover back on.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:07 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Hopefully you get the problem fixed. And what mods did the guys 04 GT have to hang with your car for that long?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:37 AM
s197

replaced that fuse, still nothing... then noticed i replaced it with the same fuse. everything works now. thanks a million

The guy had long tube headers, 4:10's, sct tuner, pulleys, exhaust work, throttle body. thats all i can remember right now. im meeting up with him again on sat, to go to the track aslong as weather permits
Old 05-02-2007, 05:37 PM
ALLCHEST
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

Hopefully you get the problem fixed. And what mods did the guys 04 GT have to hang with your car for that long?
That was the one thing I was wondering throughout this thread. Glad to see he had some mods I was going to tell you you couldn't drive J/K
Old 05-02-2007, 05:38 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

my brothers 03 GT has short throw, cat-back, prochamber, lowered and a few other small goodies and either from a dig or a 5 mph role, i will only slowly pull away until 4th then its bye bye .....and my shifting isn't too bad...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:38 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197

replaced that fuse, still nothing... then noticed i replaced it with the same fuse. everything works now. thanks a million
Your welcome. Make sure that REM wire and the Ground Wires are secure on your amp.

~Fred
Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 AM
Chef
2nd Gear Member

hey fred tt you work for nasa or what? anyhow thanks for helping this brother out. i like expertise.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:20 AM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chef

hey fred tt you work for nasa or what? anyhow thanks for helping this brother out. i like expertise.
I'm a Genious!

Haha, I think I've blown that fuse for the same reason about 10 times. I'm drawing alot of power from it (because I'm to lazy to rewire stuff). Drawing REM for the headunit, and two amps and its also powering my concealed radar. Next time it blows I'm putting in a 7.5A.

~Fred

Quick Reply: first race in my stang, now windows wont roll up