Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

granatelli turbo kit

Old 05-11-2007, 12:38 PM
redxls
2nd Gear Member

Default granatelli turbo kit

anybody have info on these granatelli turbo kits and or links to information. I have searched this site and I have not come up with much. their is a post where someone had some install issues but I am not concerned with install issues. I it takes a little work then that is okay. I am concerned with perfomance, maintenance issues etc. dyno numbers etc.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: granatelli turbo kit

I have heard its problems....
Old 05-11-2007, 02:44 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

this one? The install manual is top notch....

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/pdf/manual71.pdf

[IMG]local://upfiles/37808/6085C6B1E45C45F5A358CAEDA3DAE6F7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-11-2007, 03:24 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

It's not the install you should be worried about anyway. It's the MAF and it's placement that is going to give you headaches.

If you are considering buying the GMS kit, the first thing you need to do is order some parts from Procharger to swap out. Ask anyone who owns the kit and they will explain what you need and why.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:28 PM
baha
3rd Gear Member

I'm going turbo, I've done a lot of research and Granatelli isn't exactly notorious for quality products. And you can't go wrong with one of these:
1) Hellion.
2)HP performance.
3) STS.
4) Turbo Horsepower.
5) Power House.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I agree with #1 & #5 but can't speak for rest.

If you are talking about Manny and HPP in Texas - yes, his is one of the best shops in the country but they do not have their own turbo kit out yet. They are working on a TT but don't think it is done yet.

I've heard good things about turbo horsepower as well but same thing, I don't know if they have their own kit out or if they are just installers?
Old 05-11-2007, 04:25 PM
redxls
2nd Gear Member

hammeron yes that is the kit.
I am rapidly approaching the point of no return because the car is at the shop but they have not started to work on it yet and no money has changed hands and I am friendly with the shop doing the work so if want to go another way they will not care. I alos am getting thhe kit at cost not msrp so I am saving some cash with this setup.
the turbo in the kit is a turbonetics 76mm which is the same kit used in lots of places.
keep the info coming.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:52 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

I am currently installing the turbohorsepower twin kit and I would recommend them to you. They have a new single kit available now as well as the twin that I am installing. The man at turbohorsepower is Jim Napier and the kits are their own design, they are not just installers. I actually talked to Granatelli about getting a kit but they couldn’t answer my most basic questions so I crossed them off and since then I have heard many bad stories about the Granatelli kit.

Earl
Old 05-12-2007, 04:52 PM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: retfr8flyr

I am currently installing the turbohorsepower twin kit and I would recommend them to you. They have a new single kit available now as well as the twin that I am installing. The man at turbohorsepower is Jim Napier and the kits are their own design, they are not just installers. I actually talked to Granatelli about getting a kit but they couldn’t answer my most basic questions so I crossed them off and since then I have heard many bad stories about the Granatelli kit.

Earl
I chose to go with the same kit a few days ago! let us know how it goes....PLEEEEEASE?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:01 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Will Do.

Earl

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: granatelli turbo kit