Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JUst thought i'd share BMW story

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:08 PM
nautics889

Default JUst thought i'd share BMW story

well today i was running some errands, and i was around glendale california area on my way home, and this new 07 or 08 X5 rolled up. we were on a stop light, he was checking out my car. then all of a sudden when the light turned green and he pushed his car WOT down the street, and im like WTF! i was like what ever, then we hit another green light, and i forgot i recently broke in my car so lets see what my pony can do against a 350hp X5. so this guy puts on his sunglasses and i'm like OK COOL GUY. So the light turns green and BOOM there i go chirpin on 1st, 2nd, and a little on 3rd, pulling away almost 2 car lengths in about i'd say 2 1/2 block distance. but it felt good to take on something that has more horsepower i know weight is a factor, but it was funny how his expression was when i whooped his car silly, and he was the one who started this mess in the first place. i just served him a can of whoopass.! lol welp dats my story!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:21 PM
MuscleFanatic
1st Gear Member

Default RE: JUst thought i'd share BMW story

nice kill
Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Good smack on the guy.... but dude... a 5000LB SUV? I dont see what the point is...... usless its a Porsche Cayanee Turbo S they are just not a challange. IMO
Old 06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
wrx2stang

Nice kill
Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 PM
nautics889

i know it was useless but that guy gave me an excuse to teach him a lesson, i wasn't intending to do it, but i guess he just wanted to know how heavy his suv was, lol
Old 06-03-2007, 11:04 PM
nautics889

but yea it was the first time in my new mustang that i've every really pushed it
Old 06-04-2007, 12:12 AM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

car looks real good... nice kill, doesnt matter that it was an SUV, the bottom line is you beat it...
Old 06-04-2007, 12:22 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Nice kill. Everybody challenges our cars and its good to let them know what Mustangs are all about.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:32 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nautics889

well today i was running some errands, and i was around glendale california area on my way home, and this new 07 or 08 X5 rolled up. we were on a stop light, he was checking out my car. then all of a sudden when the light turned green and he pushed his car WOT down the street, and im like WTF! i was like what ever, then we hit another green light, and i forgot i recently broke in my car so lets see what my pony can do against a 350hp X5. so this guy puts on his sunglasses and i'm like OK COOL GUY. So the light turns green and BOOM there i go chirpin on 1st, 2nd, and a little on 3rd, pulling away almost 2 car lengths in about i'd say 2 1/2 block distance. but it felt good to take on something that has more horsepower i know weight is a factor, but it was funny how his expression was when i whooped his car silly, and he was the one who started this mess in the first place. i just served him a can of whoopass.! lol welp dats my story!

The same thing happened to me with an M3 and a 330i......nice kill!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:08 AM
dseid2
2nd Gear Member

Good Kill. Nothing I like more than surprising a $100K Mercedes or BMW with my lowly Mustang. I had a kill about a month ago against a CLS 55 AMG. He was hauling *** through traffic, so I caught up to him at the next light. I rolled up slow, I could see him looking at me out of the corner of his I, so I knew he was going to hit it. We both caught a good light, he spun a little, I didn't. I had a half a car length on him when I hit second and he was looking at my tail lights when I hit third and shut it down. Of course he is heavier but he was also running a 479 hp supercharged V8. I saw him a week or to later at another light and he would not even look at me. I am tuned for torque, I am running 4.10’s and I have improved the traction quite a bit, it is a killer combo off the line. Note that I would not want to meet up with this guy on the autobahn.

Quick Reply: JUst thought i'd share BMW story