Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Older GT Owners.......Should I *act* my age?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:12 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Older GT Owners.......Should I *act* my age?

I saw really old people in a Vette once. I was proud of em and gave them a thumbs up. The old white haired lady flipped me off.[:@]I think she thought I flipped them off. But that's OK. I was even more proud of her finnger at her age.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
DjfunkmasterG
1st Gear Member

36 here and I see no reason to conform to what others think. I come from a family of speed demons. My mother is 76 and has an 04 Grand Am GT. When i bought my 04 Stang GT she drove me to the dealer to pick it up, on the highway back she was doing 110, I kid you not. I looked down and I am doing 105 she is at least 5 car lengths ahead of me.

She is still a led foot, while in my old age I am beginning to slow down a bit.... Go figure.

I look at it like this. My first new car was a stang in the 80's, and 14 stangs later I see no reason to change the type of car i drive.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

I just turned 17. Looks like I got the long end of the stick on this one
Old 06-05-2007, 11:39 PM
AWESOMO 4000
1st Gear Member

I just turned 30. You know what's still awesome? Peeling out. You know what's even better? Doing a burnout whenever you leave your buddies house. They always wait in the driveway to watch what happens next.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Zellanor
2nd Gear Member

30, and go ***** 2 THE WALL!!! or ovaries if you have them
Old 06-06-2007, 12:19 AM
godfather_go3
1st Gear Member

I am 63 and on my third Mustang GT, a couple of weeks ago some young buck wanted to show off how fast his Caddy was, nice looking car to, after I left him behind he pulled up at the next light and seeing that I was not a kid, said, "Hey, I should be driving your car and you should be driving mine, I told him I was to young for a Caddy. I did not see the model of his car but it said northstar on the back as I let him leave the light first and I had to turn.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:19 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

I was wondering what is the average age group of most new mustangs owners? Some dry a**es where I work think I should *switch* to a minivan and "act my age".........

Just curious to what age groups of peeps we have in here......... Oh yeah.....I turn the big "3-0" this year !
Shella ~
Sniff....sniff....sniff, you smell that? I smell hate, in your workplace. They are if anything just jealous of the fact that your not stuck in a camry or some other drab econbox or responsiblemobile.I plan to be 21 forever even if I'm pushing a walker in a retirement home chasing nurses that aren't even born yet. 30, hell 30 is the new 20.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:56 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

I was wondering what is the average age group of most new mustangs owners? Some dry a**es where I work think I should *switch* to a minivan and "act my age".........

Just curious to what age groups of peeps we have in here......... Oh yeah.....I turn the big "3-0" this year !
Shella ~
Sniff....sniff....sniff, you smell that? I smell hate, in your workplace. They are if anything just jealous of the fact that your not stuck in a camry or some other drab econbox or responsiblemobile.I plan to be 21 forever even if I'm pushing a walker in a retirement home chasing nurses that aren't even born yet. 30, hell 30 is the new 20.
Thank you Timmy.........It does my soul good to hear everyone chime in about their thoughts on the matter.....and I am glad to go out and be myself. Oh yeah......I will probably still be working when I should be retired.....so I might be one of the nurses there at your nursing home one day............[sm=drlove.gif]Shella ~
Old 06-06-2007, 01:59 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i couldn't help realizing........you got a good
30+ years of work ahead of you, before you
retire [sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=joke.gif]

ORIGINAL: 22kart22

I just turned 17. Looks like I got the long end of the stick on this one
Old 06-06-2007, 02:03 AM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

24 cars later i am 26years young. will be 27 in july! and my s197 is the best car i have ever owned...period

Quick Reply: Older GT Owners.......Should I *act* my age?