Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Older GT Owners.......Should I *act* my age?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:06 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Default Older GT Owners.......Should I *act* my age?

I was wondering what is the average age group of most new mustangs owners? Some dry a**es where I work think I should *switch* to a minivan and "act my age".........

Just curious to what age groups of peeps we have in here......... Oh yeah.....I turn the big "3-0" this year !

Shella ~
Old 06-04-2007, 07:10 PM
brewcity
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Older GT Owners.......Should I *act* my age?

30 and they think you should be driving a minivan lol [&:]i say the right age to drive a stang is 16-199. im 31 btw
Old 06-04-2007, 07:12 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

You're still wet behind the ears. I'm 60. Act my age? Screw that! I'm having the most fun I've had in a long time.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Act your age ? I think people at your work are jealous! ha ha.Next time you leave work leave some black marks for them too.That will give'em something to talk about lol.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:16 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp
I was wondering what is the average age group of most new mustangs owners? Some dry a**es where I work think I should *switch* to a minivan and "act my age".........

Just curious to what age groups of peeps we have in here......... Oh yeah.....I turn the big "3-0" this year !

Shella ~

Hi Shella,

Don't you just love yourMustang? Wellthey all love it too and are just jealous of your willingness to let go and be who you are. Those old peoplejust want you to be like them and suffer as they do. They can't stand the fact that you are having funwhile driving and they are screwed and stuckdriving a boring box full of kids and pets instead of blasting along with the wind in their hair. I bet you like and even enjoy sex more often than they do too! Screw them! They made a choice and you made yours, enjoy your pony and enjoy life!

Cheers!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:16 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

"wet behind the ears........" Nice! I agree......I try to tell my *sophisticated* cohorts to loosen up, let their hair down.......Life is too short to go around conforming to everyone's *ideas* of proper behavior and presentation. I love my mustang and I like to have fun when I am in it..............I have always stuck out as *different*-----why change now??? [sm=devilangel.gif]
Old 06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear it

since your going over the hill, try tohave as much
fun as you can, while the gettin's good

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

Oh yeah.....I turn the big "3-0" this year !

Shella ~
Old 06-04-2007, 07:19 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I'm 49 and I'm all about driving the speed limit and all. The first mod on our GT was a radar detector. I turned the corner the other day and got on it a little and shut down at 25 mph because that was the speed limit. A cop was there with someone else pulled over and he shook his finger at me. I had my window down and just said............."WHAT???"
Old 06-04-2007, 07:25 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

I'm 56 and have always had these types of cars in my blood. Istarted with my first new car a 69 Chevelle SS 396-375hp car. Now I have my 05 Mustang GT and feel 16 again everytime I get behind the wheel. I too get the smart remarks from a co-worker that doesn' t have a pot to **** in. To me it all comes down to jealousy but who cares because I'm the one having the FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

This is what the Mustang GT symbolizes tome.....when the world gets busy and crazy.....I can let go and have some fun..........and turn some heads while I am doing it! I am the only one that hasn't submitted themselves to the "Yukon, Tahoe, Expedition Club" at my job. Sure, I have a 4x4 (Nissan X-Terra) to get me around in the snow storms.....but summertime is for fun! Not to be all housed up...............Something about the Mustang just says "I am here to have fun"! Not all my co-workers are completely dry........but afraid to step out of the box? ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I even had one of the docs challenge me to a race in his Porsche 911.......I told him.....I might not win......but I will sure as hell look better in mine than you in yours ! Have fun and go chirp some gears for the girls!!!! Shella ~ (be proud of who you are............)

Quick Reply: Older GT Owners.......Should I *act* my age?