Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Supercharger, Any Trouble?Problems?

Old 07-16-2015, 12:48 AM
Bojando

Default Roush supercharger

i recently bought a 15 mustang and had the roush supercharger installed. The car is a blast to drive and I still have a full factory warranty. I highly recommend if you buy this car you have to go with roush unless money is no object then I would go with turbo.
Originally Posted by Mellowdien
Hey Guys,

I still havent decided on which charger i should get.
In fact i havent even decided if i should turbo or charge.
There have been a lot of treads on Saleen,Whipple and Kenne Bell chargers.
Roush seems the have a good name on other mustangforums.
What are you experiences with Roush twinscrew superchargers?..

Thanks.

Dien
Old 07-16-2015, 02:33 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Holy thread revival batman!
At the time, Roush had only the M90 supercharger which was a bit weak. Now with the TVS superchargers, yep they are in the running with everyone else.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

Each blower has its place in the market, as for a street car that maybe sees the track here and there you cant beat the TVS blowers we offer. They don't heat soak like the Twin screw and they make instant low end power unlike any other blower. If you're building a track only car there may be something better suited for you but for most guys who mainly do stop light to stop light driving the TVS is where its at. One of the speed shops we deal with closely has complained to us many times they have GT500 guys swap to a twin screw and they heat soak and drop a bunch of power after 3 or 4 pulls, where the TVS stays consistent.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:17 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I have a saleen stage 3 and its been a good supercharger. Ive had mine for about 4 to 5 years now. No problems at all
Old 07-17-2015, 03:28 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

The biggest problem with a Roush Supercharger is it makes you wonder why the "average Mustang Fan" would spend the money for a GT 350, or GT 500! .... & Yes, I know the other differences to a GT 350/550, but based on "Bang for the buck" I think adding a Roush Supercharger, shock tower strut & a top quality set of shocks is a way to consider unless money is not an issue! Maybe "SOMEDAY" Roush will have a Supercharger for a new Mustang!

Old 07-17-2015, 06:43 AM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr. D
The biggest problem with a Roush Supercharger is it makes you wonder why the "average Mustang Fan" would spend the money for a GT 350, or GT 500! .... & Yes, I know the other differences to a GT 350/550, but based on "Bang for the buck" I think adding a Roush Supercharger, shock tower strut & a top quality set of shocks is a way to consider unless money is not an issue! Maybe "SOMEDAY" Roush will have a Supercharger for a new Mustang!

Someday ? We have TVS systems for the 2015 with 50 state EO right now !
Old 07-20-2015, 07:55 AM
BobbyBatronic

Personally, I hate the sound of centrifugal S/C's at idle. I've got the Roush M90 for my 06, its a little small and it creates a lot of heat but I've been able to manage it with out too much effort. Other than that no problems and it makes my daily driver extremely fun to drive.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I had a Roush Supercharger on my '08 Mustang & I could have not been happier with it! In my opinion it is the best way to add a lot of horsepower without a downside. I'd rather have the supercharger approach than a naturally aspirated engine because it gives you very close to stock performance at cruising & low speed driving. When you build a naturally aspirated engine for 600+ HP there can be some downsides at low RPM, go to the store driving. If all you want to do is race the car that may not be a concern, but if you want a really comfortable stock like driver go with a supercharger. I'm sure I would love to play with the new GT 350 & it will be a far better racer for competition, but if I have to drive the car everyday I think a supercharged GT 5.0L is a better way to go. The new GT 350 5.2L Flat Crank engine build for a supercharger would be the ideal setup for me, but likely will not be as immediately responsive for track racing.

Unless you are racing around curves, tracking it, a standard Mustang GT with a Roush supercharger will be "by far" the most bang for the buck for the average guy who doesn't want to spend a fortune!

Last edited by Mr. D; 07-21-2015 at 08:02 PM.