Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tire pressure monitor fault (on car I've had for a day)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Default Tire pressure monitor fault (on car I've had for a day)

Picked up my 07 GT last night. On the way, I stopped to show the car to some family members. When I started it up, I got the "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault" error. It's still there this morning. I really don't want to have to go back to the dealership with it, since it's like 30 miles away. Is there anything I can do about this (other than press reset everytime I start the car)?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Tire pressure monitor fault (on car I've had for a day)

By fault are you saying it is telling you your tire pressure is low?

Check them with a gauge and see if you are on the edge or something.

I got pissed one day when mine went on, pulled over and looked, yup way low on psi. Filled it up and went straight to the tire place for a patch. 2 hours later they say nope cant find anything, no leak. WTF?

They said drive it around and see if it come back. Never did.

I was coming back from a Chevy car show and all I can think is that someone let the air out of my tire to be funny.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:22 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

By fault are you saying it is telling you your tire pressure is low?

Check them with a gauge and see if you are on the edge or something.

I got pissed one day when mine went on, pulled over and looked, yup way low on psi. Filled it up and went straight to the tire place for a patch. 2 hours later they say nope cant find anything, no leak. WTF?

They said drive it around and see if it come back. Never did.

I was coming back from a Chevy car show and all I can think is that someone let the air out of my tire to be funny.
That's just low. That's one of the worst things ou can do is tamper with someones car.[:@]
Old 09-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

You need to take it back to the dealership.
I purchased my 07 GT about 3 weeks ago and while driving home from work the next morning I got the same fault, It turned out being the sensors on the wheels are programed for the vehicle that they where installed on from the factory.
My car had the 18" fan blade wheels and I had them swop them out with another cars 18" polished wheels and they forgot to recalibrate them to the car. It tookabout 5 minutes to correct,
Dont know if thats your issue or not but thought it might help from my experience.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

There are 2 different messages you will see. One is "low pressure" and the other is the "fault". The fault means something is wrong with the sensors/system...
Old 09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

That's exactly the same as me. I had them swap out the rims to the American Racing style rims. I called my salesman and he said that I could just take it to any Ford dealer instead of driving all the way to them. I'll have to run by the one near my work on my lunch break tomorrow. Grrr!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:03 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Well at least it is something that simple.

07SCGT

I know I was real po'd but at least they didnt slash my tire or anything.

I dont trust anyone these days. I used to go to car shows all the time with a car club and put the hood up to show off all the underhood goodies (FYI old car this one is still mostly stock ). Well one of the guys in our club closed up his hood to leave and the car sounded horrible and wouldnt keep running. Pop the hood and look and some one had disconnected some sensors, pulled some fuses, and stole of his underhood chrome pieces. Ever since then the hood is only open when I am with the car, when I leave it shuts. And from now on I am checking my tires too.

I hate stupid people. Makes life tough for the rest of us.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mudflap

There are 2 different messages you will see. One is "low pressure" and the other is the "fault". The fault means something is wrong with the sensors/system...
+1 was about to post that.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:58 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Sounds to me like the Bullits they swapped out for came off a car without TPMS, as did mine...they don't have the sensors. Not much you can do except buy some sensors and the bands, unmount and install and wait five days for your car to recognize them. Or just hit reset, that's what I do.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:37 PM
vorlen

I have this same problem and I also had them change the tires when i purchased it. The problem is I have a Steeda Cai and Predetor tune. What should I do?

Quick Reply: Tire pressure monitor fault (on car I've had for a day)