Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Broken SCT X3!

Old 09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
balli

Default Broken SCT X3!

Grrr,

So I went to change my axle ratio on my car. The SCT device said the memory was full and locked up. I removed it from the port and plugged it back in. Now the SCT X3 tuner will not allow me to go into any or the options. It locks up on the PullingUp Options...

Looks like I'm stuck for now. Thank God I was able to flash the car back to stock before it puked. I put the old intake back in. Looks like I'll have to ship the SCT back to B@ma for a return.

Anyone had a simular problem?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:44 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Broken SCT X3!

Oh Crap ... I have an X3 on the way from Bama ... hope it aint' a bad batch or something ...
Old 09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Someone else ran into the same problem, cant think of who....email SCT and see if they can help you too....if appears the X3 is having some problems
Old 09-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

this is why I am NEVER first to try new electronic gadgets. Stuff NEVER works correctly w/o issue's when its a new product, I work R&D in the semicinductor industry so trust me and if you dont just look at microsoft lol
Old 09-17-2007, 09:01 PM
balli

I have searched all over the forums...and I can't find the fix. Anyone have a link to the resolution? I noticed there was an updated firmware for the device. Loaded it but I'm still having the same issue. Looks like I'm stuck with stock until i get it replaced.

...sniff
Old 09-17-2007, 09:55 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I have actually been questioning the release of this new X3. Funny how we haven't seen squat about it on SCTs web site. Very unlike them When the XCal 2 came out, we heard about it for several months before the release. Livewire...shoot, you would think that is the second coming to the flash world. The X3... nada.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:59 PM
balli

You should see the documentation...er lack there of. The update software doesn't give you the option to remove any custom tunes. I really thing there is a bug in the device consuming space on the unit. Too bad there isn't a way to reset the device as it was from the factory.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:05 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

If you are talking about that 20 page or so pdf , i've seen it. You are right. Not a lot there.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:08 AM
balli

I'm having no luck getting thru to Doug at B@m@. I'm starting to regret I did business with him. When you call you can't leave a Voice Mail. Pretty shotty of you ask me.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:47 PM
cmkpdx78

You'll get in touch with Doug at Bam@ via email without problem. When I first installed my CAI and X2, I had some issues with DTC's. I let Doug know and he promptly sent three new tunes. In my opinion, his customer service is great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Broken SCT X3!