Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting the 07 mustang FI

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:22 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Getting the 07 mustang FI

Put out about 430 rear wheel torque
Dyno numbers are meaningless.
What about the only numbers that really matter?
Have you ran that car down the track or not? What kind of 60' with that trans brake?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:09 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RED121572

Thats what I was thinking. Thats an old picture.

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Isn't that picture from last years sema show? I thought this kit was allready out? The whipple is much simpler and better looking.

Well let me help out then, Here is a NEW picture of the kit on wait for it 2007 Mustang GT Automatic ...... =)

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

ALOT more issues with tubos in these cars than S/C's
Like what I have been driving a turboed car and have had NO problems at all. In fact I know several others with turbos and no problems. Also

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Oh come on, there are alot more tuning, running issues with turbos here than S/C. Just do a thread search, even a thread search encompasing the last 6 months. There are probably at least 15 S/C cars on this forum to every one turbo, and with likely the same number of problem threads. To me, that makes the turbo 15 times more problematic. I'm not sure why this is the case, it's usually not a hardware issue, (except in jdback's case), but rather a software and tuning issue.
Wait I am lost, so there are problems with both, or more problems with turbos? OK so your saying its a tuning issue? Well you can have tuning issues with either you just need someone competent to tune your car. I have seen threads of both, and really it always seems to come down to the install and how agressive the tune was, congratulations, you run the same risks.

ORIGINAL: ccpoole

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Isn't that picture from last years sema show? I thought this kit was allready out? The whipple is much simpler and better looking.
Yes it is a picture from last years sema show. The 05 and 06 kit are out. The 07 has yet to be released. The piping has been changed and so has the tune. Before it seemed the tune they provided was basically just to get you driving to a tuner so they could actually do a real tune. This new tune is actually a tune that can be used right off the bat. This is of course if the install is being done by yourself.
Well the piping change for those who want to know is just a different pipe for the cooling system this could be fabricated at very little expense when having the kit installed. Also every decent kit comes with a tune, BUT it is always better to get your own tune done on a dyno. Every car is differen and people run different mods the tunes with the kits you can buy do not take that into consideration. In fact many of them will tell you that though it is ok to use this tune they still recommend getting a custom tune done.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:02 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Dyno numbers are meaningless
Not meaningless...they can be suggestive ofballpark times,but you do have a point. Have to wait about another 6 weeks before I can give track numbers. Waiting for built block and then send tranny back for an upgrade and multi-disk conversion, while car is down for about 3 weeks (getting rid of heavy stock seats too). Also lowering stall from 4000 to 3000.Already sold the stock short block and not riskingdamaging it, even on the 11 lb spring. So lots to get right before car can be tracked this season. Last season car was in high 11s with just the Procharger and everything else stock. So you tell me what the possibilities are with transbrake, race tranny, maybe 650+ rw/tq and slicks??? Right now thoughuntil track day, it is just alltheory.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 AM
ccpoole

Just a quick update. Recieved the kit this past thursday. Fitted all the pieces of the procharger kit today and put a few on. Putting the rest on tonight. Guess I'll have to see how the canned tune works. Either way I'm taking to on Monday to get it custom tuned. I'll have videos of first start up on saturday morning and dyno on monday. Depending on how well the diablo tune is I may have some videos of it out on the road by saturday night.

One question, for those who know, is it normal to have to re locate the ac line? This kit is a tighter fit then I had expected.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:20 AM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Nice. Glad to hear another stang is getting f/i
Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 PM
ccpoole

Well, its all in and up and running. Run rich with the canned tune. I'm gettin it dyno tuned tomorrow. I'll inform of the results.

PS. This thing is damn loud. Bwahahahahah
Old 11-18-2007, 12:22 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

another stang gets boosted.......cool
Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 PM
ccpoole

Got the car tuned today. Took about 6 hours on the dyno. Ran into a few problems but nothing major. The video is of the last run which made 494 to the wheels before he tuned it down to 460whp.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=cp20076