Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

consequences of overreving?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:55 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: consequences of overreving?

ORIGINAL: GotMunchies?

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

ISN'T IT TRUE THOUGH THAT WITH A STOCK GT THE MAX HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE TOPS OUT AT AROUND 5800 RPMS? I WAS ALWAYS UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU TO HIT RED LINE...OR SURPASS IT FOR THAT MATTER. WITH MY CAR I COULD NEVER EVER SEE MYSELF GOING OVER 6000 EVER. WHY SPEND $25,000-$30,000 ON A CAR AND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE MOTOR? MAYBE I'M JUST VERY CONSERVATIVE, BUT IN MY OPINION THE REDLINE IS THERE FOR A REASON. 5800 IS JUST FINE FOR ME.
Its also true that not turning off your caps lock key makes things exceedingly difficult to read.

Also, why would a person buy a car touting performance if they're not going to use that performace?

"Hey man, nice 'Vette... HOLY **** its a Z06!"
"Why thank you!"
"Been to the track yet?"
"No no no. We've done a couple parades and I push it out of the garage every weekend to clean it."

*The sound of thousands of engineers losing sleep for all their effort wasted.*
lmao!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:44 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

HEY GOTMUNCHIES...I WILL TYPE IN CAPS LOCK IF I DAMNWELL PLEASE, AND ALSO WHY BOTHER COMING ONTO AN OPEN FORUM TO TALK **** AND BE AN *******. EVERYONE HAS THERE 2 CENTS AND THIS IS MINE AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THAN TOUGH ****. IM JUST SAYING THAT JUST BECAUSE I DONT REV MY CAR PAST 6000 RPMS DOESN'T MEAN IM A PRISSY CORVETTE BITCH, I BET YOU WOULDNT BE TALKING LIKE THAT IN PERSON, UNLESS YOU WOULD WANT TO BE PICKING YOUR TEETH OFF THE GROUND. BY THE WAY I WILL LAUGH AT YOU WHEN I DRIVE BY YOU ONE THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITH A BLOWN MOTOR. DUMBASS
Old 11-01-2007, 05:37 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

i think your all tools for worry about this. i was street racing sat night and went from the top of third at wot unfortunbately back to second

guess what happened. the wheels locked up, the motor got loud as hell and then i put the clucth in, and started racing again. im making 450 plus at the ground, with over 50k miles on the motor, s/c ed for over 30 k, and been street racing this car since day one. if its the motors time then it will go, if not then it wont.

\i also turn the r's to 6900
Old 11-01-2007, 09:31 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

i think your all tools for worry about this. i was street racing sat night and went from the top of third at wot unfortunbately back to second

guess what happened. the wheels locked up, the motor got loud as hell and then i put the clucth in, and started racing again. im making 450 plus at the ground, with over 50k miles on the motor, s/c ed for over 30 k, and been street racing this car since day one. if its the motors time then it will go, if not then it wont.

damn you da man
Old 11-01-2007, 09:53 PM
GotMunchies?
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

HEY GOTMUNCHIES...I WILL TYPE IN CAPS LOCK IF I DAMNWELL PLEASE, AND ALSO WHY BOTHER COMING ONTO AN OPEN FORUM TO TALK **** AND BE AN *******. EVERYONE HAS THERE 2 CENTS AND THIS IS MINE AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THAN TOUGH ****. IM JUST SAYING THAT JUST BECAUSE I DONT REV MY CAR PAST 6000 RPMS DOESN'T MEAN IM A PRISSY CORVETTE BITCH, I BET YOU WOULDNT BE TALKING LIKE THAT IN PERSON, UNLESS YOU WOULD WANT TO BE PICKING YOUR TEETH OFF THE GROUND. BY THE WAY I WILL LAUGH AT YOU WHEN I DRIVE BY YOU ONE THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITH A BLOWN MOTOR. DUMBASS
;_;

edit: I'M A BELLIGERENT DOUCHE. MY E-***** SO HUGE

Remember, kids, internet intimidation does not work! Ever!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:50 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: acstone7

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

i know im the man, but it is what it is, all im trying to say is worrying about trivial things is a waste on time. if your a beginner manual driver on a stock car, to someone like me who dogs the **** out of my car, hitting the rev limiter is going to happin. it will be fine, as long as its not a constant thing, but from personal experiance, our motors can take a lot more than people have been mislead to believe. the first couple years of our motors a lot were poped, now time has gone by and we know know how to tune these cars, relax yall

damn you da man