Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Enough is enough

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Enough is enough

Keep it stock if it makes you happy, just do me a favor and don't race anyone with it. We all know why........don't we??
Old 10-30-2007, 02:14 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I'm not really sure what the OP is going on about. I see posts all the time about people worrying about their warranty if they retune the engine. Ricers everywhere are laughing at those people and I laugh with them.
+1
warranty's are for suckers anyways

[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 10-30-2007, 02:15 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

ya...i think most of the responses here don't relate to the topic. this sounds more like a rant about deciding on brands. Whatever anyone has said is exactly that, oppinion. Just pick one that you think is pretty and pick a tuner that you like. Diablo go B ama, SCT flip a couple coins,lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onederful100

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I'm not really sure what the OP is going on about. I see posts all the time about people worrying about their warranty if they retune the engine. Ricers everywhere are laughing at those people and I laugh with them.
+1
warranty's are for suckers anyways

[sm=badbadbad.gif]

No- only extended warranties are for suckers.
But pissing away your 3 year/ 36,000 mile original factory warranty really seems just as dumb to me- unless you're SO freakin' rich that you don't mind throwing away money.

I chose the FRPP alternative- which gave me a conservative (but still very noticable) 93 octane tune, CAI, and those fabulous GTA axelbacks with 4" tips.
At $1362 (grand total including tax and labor), it cost me about $400-$500 more than aftermarket parts which I'd have to install myself, but at least I KEPT my full 3 year warranty.
Why was this important? Cause last month I suddenly discovered that I had a leaking tranny seal.
Took it to the dealer, and picked it up the next day free of charge- for what would otherwise have been maybe a $500-$600 repair.
And as of today, I still have 2 years remaining on my warranty!
NOW who's the sucker...?

Old 10-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Wait a minute, You've been on Mustang Forums, forless thantwo days, and you've already read "Millions" of posts re: CAI/Tunes . You must have gone to the Evelyn Wood Speedreader Class.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:15 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

Wait a minute, You've been on Mustang Forums, forless thantwo days, and you've already read "Millions" of posts re: CAI/Tunes . You must have gone to the Evelyn Wood Speedreader Class.
I am confused
Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nh3

What is all the confusion over? You can install a cai like the K&N without a tune, but that is strickly for looks andno h.p.gain, or you can drop some $$$$ on a cai with tune(s) and programer and wake up 20 - 30 sleeping h.p. With a 1/2 hour install time with a couple of tools it doesn't get any easier than that. The hardest part is paying for it.
Just a CAI like the K&N does add power just not as much..
Old 10-30-2007, 03:39 PM
MUS7ANG
1st Gear Member

I have never worked on a car (more of a computer tech) and I installed my JLT CAI with B*AMA tune and it was a breeze. After the performance gain with the CAI, the mod bug bit me. Since then, I've installed my Borla stinger, Roush springs and next project will be installing my LCAs and P/H bar. It's a fun learning experience if you ask me.

My lady also thinks I look moremanly underneath a car with a torque wrench vs a screwdriver inside a desktop computer.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:43 PM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

The one who hates CAI/Tune posts and wants them to stop all together just made his own. It sounds a little hypocritical to me. But that's just my opinion, but it doesn't matter, he doesn't want it.

I can give you a recommendation though; if your head hurts take some Tylenol.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MUS7ANG

.........My lady also thinks I look moremanly underneath a car with a torque wrench vs a screwdriver inside a desktop computer.
Having the lady turned on is one of the reasons I bought the Stang. And the louder and meaner it is the more turned onmy g/fgets... AND NO, NONE OF YOU, ESPECIALLY THOSEWITH MORE MODS THAN ME, CAN TAKE HER FOR A RIDE!!!