Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Serious Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 AM
dbspcl
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Serious Question

So the tune keeps it off when you start, but you can always turn it back on with the switch, right? I've never driven my 'stang in the rain (hasn't really rained in Socal for nine months now ), is it a must to keep it on if the roads are wet? What's the downside of always having it off?

--
dbspcl
'07 GT coupe stick, tungsten-grey metallic, appearance package, interior upgrade, Eibach springs, adjustable panhard, 20" black Foose Nitrous, Roush quarter-window louvers, Steeda tri-ax, Webelectric sequentials

Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dbspcl

So the tune keeps it off when you start, but you can always turn it back on with the switch, right? I've never driven my 'stang in the rain (hasn't really rained in Socal for nine months now ), is it a must to keep it on if the roads are wet? What's the downside of always having it off?

--
dbspcl
'07 GT coupe stick, tungsten-grey metallic, appearance package, interior upgrade, Eibach springs, adjustable panhard, 20" black Foose Nitrous, Roush quarter-window louvers, Steeda tri-ax, Webelectric sequentials

As fas as I know, if TCS is disabled in the tune...it's OFF period. If TCS is off and you're in the rain, be prepared
for some fishtailing and some serious butt-puckering if you accelerate too hard. Especially in corners and crosswalk
paint. This isin't directed at you, butwith rear wheel drive youjust have to drive with a little common sense in bad weather.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: grampa_stang

ORIGINAL: dbspcl

As fas as I know, if TCS is disabled in the tune...it's OFF period. If TCS is off and you're in the rain, be prepared
for some fishtailing and some serious butt-puckering if you accelerate too hard. Especially in corners and crosswalk
paint. This isin't directed at you, butwith rear wheel drive youjust have to drive with a little common sense in bad weather.
+1...i have experience this a couple times......youll need to clean your boxers if you arent careful
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

lol this is kinda funny.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:17 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

With my brenspeed tune, the tcs is definitely not off when I start it, but it does seem less sensitive...

And yes, you press the button and it comes right back on
Old 11-08-2007, 09:36 PM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

Its a "Drop Box" selection when they are building the tune. My street tune you have to turn off the TCS by pushing the button but on my race tune it is always off. KB wanted some way the customer to know which tune was loaded when you started the car.

Funny thing is, you still have to push a button to reset the warning because the TCS is off on the race tune, you have to push a button either way.