Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CMCV installed, car runs, but I have a few problems...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 04:37 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CMCV installed, car runs, but I have a few problems...

The tire pressure sensor fault went away. But now, I'm getting an trouble light at startup. Shows banks 1 and 2 running lean. If I clear it, it doesn't come back untill I turn off and start the car back again. I'm going to email Doug and see what he can do.

One other thing, I noticed that my intake is alot louder now. Much deeper sounding than before. This was the sound I was expecting to get when I got my C&L intake.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like you need to have your tuning re-worked. Shouldn't be getting lean codes if tuned properly.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:03 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i think the tunes gotta be retuned. even when my o/r xpipe was installed i didnt lose torque, maybe the hp over-shot the tq but i still noted more pull even at low rpm's after the xpipe was put in. i dont believe there should be a lag that noticable with cmcv.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:51 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

try checking the maf sensor, if its dirty and if its in correctly. i had some issues before w/ my midpipe and it was throwing codes due to a bad tuneand i noticed a lag at low rpm's, after i fixed the problem it was running well.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:22 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

This morning, the engine light didn't come on for the entire time I got to work. Also, it seems like that flat spot around 2500-3000rpm is gone. But for some reason the car just doesnt seem to pull as hard as it should be.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

More updates...

Yesterday, I drove the car to work and school. The entire time I was driving it, I had the tuner in my lap and was checking to see if there were any codes about every 3-5 minutes (paranoid). The entire way to work (6-7) miles, the car ran fine, no codes, no engine light. Then on my way to school, it threw the same lean codes, but no engine light ever came on.

While I was at school, I decided to try to reload the stock tune, then reload the Bamachips tune. I started the car, it ran rough for a few moments then idled out normally. Driving my car home, I could feel that flat spot at around 2500-3000rpm again, and the throttle response was unbearably touchy. Although it didn't happen at first, about half way through my commute, the same lean codes came up, but no engine light.

This morning, I start the car, and it starts idling right away and is kinda idling funny and shaking the car a bit. After a few moments is smooths out. I drive to work again checking for codes every few minutes. Once again the entire way to work, no codes, no engine light, and it feels like the 2500-3000rpm flat spot is gone. Also, the throttle response is much more manageable and I could drive it without embarrassing myself at lights.

When you retune these cars, do they take a little bit to learn and adjust the tune? I know that the computer adjusts to driving habits but does it adjust to the tune also?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Just got to school; cars still seems to be running normally just as it was this morning, no trouble codes, no engine lights.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:52 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

so far so good, maybe your car is just a slow learner. lol [sm=insomnia.gif]
Old 11-20-2007, 04:55 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onederful100

so far so good, maybe your car is just a slow learner. lol [sm=insomnia.gif]
Either that or I'm paranoid. [&:] And to think I was more worried about having the UDP installed. These billet plates look kinda goofy on my motor. Everything around it is either cast aluminum or plastic, then BAM you have these shiny polished plates.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:15 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

haha....yeah the idle can be off for a little while with the new tune installed but it should work itself out within a minute of so....in the summer....winter the car will always take longer

Quick Reply: CMCV installed, car runs, but I have a few problems...