Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SLP vs Pypes

Old 11-20-2007, 12:10 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Default SLP vs Pypes

How much louder is the Pypes mid muffler system than the SLP Loudmouths? Big difference or no? Thanks.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP vs Pypes

Personally I havn't heard the mid muffler system, but I would say the SLP's are much louder. All the SLP's are are muffler deletes.Of course they will be louder because having no mufflers is louder then having mufflers.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
blike
2nd Gear Member

My guess is that the SLP's would be louder and a lot raspier than the Pypes because the SLP Loudmouths are a muffler delete
Old 11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

boomtubes, then u can be a crew member too. a better sound than loudmouth and cheaper too.

[sm=violent053.gif] [sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old 11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

At first I thought the SLP's were a lot louder than the pypes system but now I dont really feel that way. Its either A) Ive gotten used to the pypes system, or B) its breaking in. I think it might be a combo of both. There are advantages/disadv. of both systems:
Pypes MM sounds better than any muffler system I've heard (and ive heard pretty much all except boomtubes in person) BUT installation is a BITCH to say the least. (I still have some rattles but I havnt yet diagnosed the problem so it might be an easy fix).
SLP's are too loud if you plan to do anything else to the exhaust system. The pypes mm system is LOUD with an O/R H but definately bearable and sounds AMAZING.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

I have SLP's right now. I want louder... so replacing my SLP's with the mid muffler system wouldnt really help huh?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:30 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

I had SLP LM and then went to an O/R X and then switched to the pypes MM system. Granted I have the added volume of the O/R pipe but I would say the MM system is NOT as loud as the LM alone. LM are just straight pipe, the MM system are bullit mufflers.

Seriously people, if you have no mufflers (ie. SLP LM) and you ditch the cats, you will not like it. It is nasty loud and has a NASTIER trumpeting sound in the low rpms.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:49 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UrS4

I had SLP LM and then went to an O/R X and then switched to the pypes MM system. Granted I have the added volume of the O/R pipe but I would say the MM system is NOT as loud as the LM alone. LM are just straight pipe, the MM system are bullit mufflers.

Seriously people, if you have no mufflers (ie. SLP LM) and you ditch the cats, you will not like it. It is nasty loud and has a NASTIER trumpeting sound in the low rpms.

How do you like the Pypes MM System + O/R H-Pipe?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:39 AM
TNstang06
2nd Gear Member

I have slp loudmouths and I love them...I also have BBK shorty headers...

and im getting Mac Prochamber pipes soon...but I havnt heard pypes..so I dont know
Old 11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

Pypes makes a muffler delete setup and its a whole helluva lot cheaper than SLP's. Ive got em and love em

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP vs Pypes