Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Heel-Toe/Drifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:24 PM
PayDay99
1st Gear Member

Default Pedals

http://www.autovationparts.com/store/fordmustang.html

Old 11-28-2007, 12:30 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Heel-Toe/Drifting

ORIGINAL: JasonK026

So I'm guessing there is no way to adjust the pedals, ey? Wonderful. And is Toe-Ball just Heel-Toe backwards? Toes on the brake pedal, Heel (ball?) on the gas? I found a TON of great deserted twisties in North Georgia and I really want to get to it on heel-toe.. ing.

PonyGT, Thanks for the advice. Now my girl and I can go shoe-shopping together. It'll be a ball.

I probably do it incorrectly but its not like I am a competitor or anything...but I put toe on gas and heel on brake
Old 11-28-2007, 12:35 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

I probably do it incorrectly but its not like I am a competitor or anything...but I put toe on gas and heel on brake
I always tried it the other way around, heel on gas and toe on brake. It helps to have shoes with very soft/thin soles.

It would be alot easier to if the gas pedal wasn't positioned behind the brake pedal. Mine feels like its a good 2 inches further back than the brake pedal.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:48 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

I always tried it the other way around, heel on gas and toe on brake. It helps to have shoes with very soft/thin soles.

It would be alot easier to if the gas pedal wasn't positioned behind the brake pedal. Mine feels like its a good 2 inches further back than the brake pedal.
Yea because the gas pedal is located like that, that is why I do it the way I do. I also have better response/control with my toe end of my foot than with my heel so I like that on the gas pedal
Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 PM
brayson
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

Drifting is the second gayest thing on the planet.
Please explain to me how 'sexuality' comes into play here. And if drifting comes in 2nd on your list, what comes in at first? ... Just being gay?

Also, were you even slightly aware of the fact that a Falken sponsored drifting S197 Mustang went over to Japan and pretty much wooped the pants off every Japanese car there? How in the world could that ever be GAY?

The imports came over to the U.S. and picked fights with the Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, TransAm, etc etc... andthey put up a damn good fight but ultimately could not outdo V-8 performance. The Mustang goes over there and embarrasses the Japanese at their own game.

Please re-evaluate your stance on drifting.

I don't want to be gay Dave, PLEASE change your mind, PLEASE.
I'm just curious what he thinks takes the cake for the most homosexual act on the planet.
For some reason, I doubt he would say "sexual congress between two men."
Old 11-28-2007, 01:01 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

I rank arguing on the internet pretty high up on the gay-o-meter.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
TDC71
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ffk_pennywise

I rank arguing on the internet pretty high up on the gay-o-meter.
LOL[sm=laughat.gif]
Old 11-28-2007, 01:19 PM
ShadowWulf
2nd Gear Member

The '05 Mustang drifts really well, in Gran Turismo 4 as far as I know, lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:44 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

Drifting is the second gayest thing on the planet.
Please explain to me how 'sexuality' comes into play here. And if drifting comes in 2nd on your list, what comes in at first? ... Just being gay?

Also, were you even slightly aware of the fact that a Falken sponsored drifting S197 Mustang went over to Japan and pretty much wooped the pants off every Japanese car there? How in the world could that ever be GAY?

The imports came over to the U.S. and picked fights with the Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, TransAm, etc etc... andthey put up a damn good fight but ultimately could not outdo V-8 performance. The Mustang goes over there and embarrasses the Japanese at their own game.

Please re-evaluate your stance on drifting.

I don't want to be gay Dave, PLEASE change your mind, PLEASE.
Yes, drifting ranks just under actual gayness. (sexual congress between two men)

If gayness offends you, replace it with retarded.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

Yea because the gas pedal is located like that, that is why I do it the way I do. I also have better response/control with my toe end of my foot than with my heel so I like that on the gas pedal
The few times that I've tried it, I've never actually used my heel at all. I actually position my foot between the brake and gas to where if I stomped down hard, I would press down on the right side of the brake pedal and the left side of the gas. I press the brake like this, then rock the side of my foot over to the gas (while still on the brake) and apply as much gas as I think I need to rev match and then shift. Foot remains on the brake until I'm at the correct point in the turn that I want to take it completely off the brake and back on the gas.