Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeeds vortech supercharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:56 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

Default Brenspeeds vortech supercharger kit

Does anyone have the Vortech Superchargerkit from brenspeed? I was pretty much set on the Saleen stage 2 from brenspeed, but now I'm having second thoughts. I know they are two totally different superchargers, but is the saleen really worth that extra $1500 (I already have the delete plates that come with the vortech). The only thing that scares me about the vortech is that it doesn't have an intercooler. Which one is more reliable? What kind of 1/4 miles time differences would I see between the Vortech and Saleen stage 2? Thanks guys any input is appreciated.

Sorry if this has been discussed, butthe search button doesn't work.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:47 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeeds vortech supercharger kit

My Vortech V2 has an intercooler. Look at Vortech's web site for more info.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

I doubt you'd see much difference if the power is the same....

I have a HO kit making 435 on an MD... running 12.35 best in a 3925lb vert... with 3.55 rear and stock DS.... and a fully redone rear suspension set up... I think the car as a few more tenths in it with better 60'
Old 11-24-2007, 11:54 PM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: danGT06

Does anyone have the Vortech Superchargerkit from brenspeed? I was pretty much set on the Saleen stage 2 from brenspeed, but now I'm having second thoughts. I know they are two totally different superchargers, but is the saleen really worth that extra $1500 (I already have the delete plates that come with the vortech). The only thing that scares me about the vortech is that it doesn't have an intercooler. Which one is more reliable? What kind of 1/4 miles time differences would I see between the Vortech and Saleen stage 2? Thanks guys any input is appreciated.

Sorry if this has been discussed, butthe search button doesn't work.
I've e-mailed Brenspeed asking bout this kit, they said there is nothing to worry about that and they can even make a tune specific for very hot weather. I myself have their delete plates and of course the SCT2 so i thought if i deducte both from the $4200 price then you'll have about 420-430rwhp for less than $4K. ONLY down side is that you can't go for more boost without an intercooler.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:37 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Got one coming myself--supposed to be in tues. Saleen & Whipple are nice, but I love the sound of the centrifugal blowers, and the way the faster they spin the more boost they make--which is important for hard launches & traction. my car will be dyno tuned once the blower is in. Brenspeed strongly dislikes the aftercooler that the new vortechs come with, which is why they don't sell it. Personally, sometime in the beginning of the year, I'll be doing a custom front-mount 3-core intercooler and installing the 12/13 lb pulley on the s-trim and send it back to the dyno. Really interested in seeing what this does.