Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

If you own a V6 dont read!

Old 11-27-2007, 10:58 PM
slvrstang2007
2nd Gear Member

Default If you own a V6 dont read!

Not to bash V6's, I used to own a 2001 V6 and I loved it, but dont you guys with a GT love the way people in V6's will avoid looking at your car when you pull up next to them. You can see them looking at it as your pulling up to a light through their mirrors and just look straight ahead when you get there. I think it's hillarious personally just wanted to know if anyone else had any experiences like this pulling up to a sixer!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:02 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default RE: If you own a V6 dont read!

lol.. that or they stare with there mouth hitting the seat.. gaulking.. or some are like... muhmuhmd(mumbling)mother****ersmumhmmumm under their breath .. lol..

but most of the time.. when i pull up to a sixer.. they have no idea, that owning a mustang is a bortherhood.. specially when girls or older ppl drive them.. there oblivious that the car next to them is the same make/model.. sad
Old 11-27-2007, 11:03 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

GTstangB.F.D.M.

Guess who!? LOL ..
Old 11-27-2007, 11:05 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Um... I don't do that. I pull up to the Mustang that's on my left (or right), whether it be a GT or V6, see who's in it and if they're paying any attention to me or my car I'll wave. Most stock V6s don't even seem to notice me, but the GTs or moddedsixes (rare)usually do.

Now... those New Edge guys... let me tell ya. They totally ignore me no matter which engine they have.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Oh no, not again! I think it all depends on the other driver, most people(regardless of engine type) look back(I'm thinking 'cause my car is just badass-lol), but to say they shy away is pretty naive IMO. I stare at Z06s, GT500s, Vipers, etc. and don't feel intimidated. Why would I be? I'm not there to challenge them to a race and with the traffic here in LA, I'll keep up before they can use their hp to dispose of me.
raubt
4th Gear Member

I own an 06 V6, and I've never felt any kind of envy when rolling up next to a GT. Truth is, I'll check out any great looking car, whether it's a V6, a GT, or anything else. I look at done-up V6s just as much as I look at done-up GTs. There are a lot of obvious differences between the GTs and the 6-bangers, but they all come from the same heritage and have the same general look to them, and I don't think it's always a case of every V6 owner wishing they had a GT every time they get near one in traffic. Everyone who owns a V6 bought it on purpose, and I'd say the large, large majority of 6 owners are very happy with their cars.

This just seems like another stupid *** topic trying to put a wedge between V6 owners and GT owners, and I honestly don't see a reason to do that. Everyone who owns a Mustang has that common thread between then, regardless of the specific model they drive.
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

all the time!!! LOL sometimes i rev at them just to see what they do and they act like ifthere is nothing happening. just 1 that actually looked really good, with stripes and rims, just got a smile on his face and gave me a thums up, and nohe didn't punch it at all on green.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

I get ignored and acknowledged by both GT's and V6's.
It's not the car, it's the person.
There's a grabber orange gt in the area that never looks over, and yet I get a thumbs up from a guy in a subaru imprezza.
Of the other stangs that acknowledge me, they are driven by men and women, various years and cylinders.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:08 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

but most of the time.. when i pull up to a sixer.. they have no idea, that owning a mustang is a bortherhood.. specially when girls or older ppl drive them.. there oblivious that the car next to them is the same make/model.. sad
I flashed my lights at a GT, but got no love in return today. I'll have to say, I like to give the GTs I see some respect. I think most 6ers (and all stang owners) in general around here just forget they're driving a Mustang, so when I give a little nod or flash my lights, I get nothing back. I'm the guy who will wave to any stang, 80s stangs included.

Your warning to sixers is like writing "WARNING, DO NOT READ" of course we're gonna read, lol
Old 11-27-2007, 11:09 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+ I agree......
ORIGINAL: Humboldt Stang

I get ignored and acknowledged by both GT's and V6's.
It's not the car, it's the person
There's a grabber orange gt in the area that never looks over, and yet I get a thumbs up from a guy in a subaru imprezza.
Of the other stangs that acknowledge me, they are driven by men and women, various years and cylinders.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you own a V6 dont read!