Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Borla Stingers v. FRPP Stingers

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:51 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default Borla Stingers v. FRPP Stingers

Just a quick question for those of you with Borla Stingers.

Do the Borlas have the Borla logo branded onto the tip of them, or do they all have the Ford Racing logo stuck on 'em? I know Borla makes the Stingers for Ford Racing, I just wanted to check if they were all made for Ford Racing, or if the direct-from-Borla ones had the Borla logo on them.

Thanks!

(I've checked with my local Borla dealer and I've checked with my Ford dealer, and they're both basically the same price -- The FRPP's were $20 more, actually -- so it basically just comes down to whose name is on the tip, if that's even a difference.)
Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Borla Stingers v. FRPP Stingers

The borlas have the word borla writtin on the tip where as the ford racing ones have the ford racing logo on the tip.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:25 AM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

Hey I'm moving back to Cali in 2 weeks and I'm going to take off my stingers and put back on my stock mufflers. I'll sell them to you for like $250. I have had them on my car for about 10k miles so they aren't in perfect condition but they are still shiny. I'll take some pics if you want. PM me if you are interested.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:19 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: danGT06

Hey I'm moving back to Cali in 2 weeks and I'm going to take off my stingers and put back on my stock mufflers. I'll sell them to you for like $250. I have had them on my car for about 10k miles so they aren't in perfect condition but they are still shiny. I'll take some pics if you want. PM me if you are interested.
There are plenty of people with Stingers in CA. I'm planning to move back there soon as well and will be keeping the Stingers.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I have the FRPP Stingers and really like the FORD RACING logo. I'm sure the Borla logo looks cool, too.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:07 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

although they are essentially the same part, i would rather have the borla logo on the tips just to make it seem like there is more aftermarket stuff on your car than ford parts if that makes any sense to anyone. lol dont mind me
Old 11-28-2007, 10:15 AM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

+1 to everyone else. the borlas say borla and i believe the borla tip is bigger as well, but im not 100% sure
Old 11-28-2007, 10:19 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i saved $150 and went with FRPP

Leo Capaldi Racing - FRPP Stingers
Old 11-28-2007, 12:46 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

I got my borlas for 500 off ebay.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

yeah but not with an O/R H-pipe and stingers. I'm not that worried about the cops pulling me over but I have to wake up early for work and I don't want to bother the neighbors. I met some friends one night and they said they could hear me coming from like a mile away. I ran the stock H-pipe with stingers in Cali for a long time and it was fine, but now that I have the O/R H-pipe its like 10000x louder.
ORIGINAL: sycd

ORIGINAL: danGT06

There are plenty of people with Stingers in CA. I'm planning to move back there soon as well and will be keeping the Stingers.

Quick Reply: Borla Stingers v. FRPP Stingers