Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help me decide which x-pipe?

Old 03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
bkmagby
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Help me decide which x-pipe?

I have heard that one before, but to me it has more of an exotic sound than a muscle car sound. Still not for sure what I'm going to do.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:34 PM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

Here is a clip with my set-up , lot of people like it but be forewarned alot of drone and its LOUD !! lol I feel it is a more traditional muscle car sound.

http://www.houndbite.com/?houndbite=848

Old 04-02-2008, 01:06 AM
rickles512

Had that FRPP x-pipe installed a few weeks after I installed the FRPP stingers...stock cats...can upload a clip or email you one if you want...lemme know...

it fit great, if you know how to cut the stock pipes you can do it yourself. and darn it if I didn't feel a little more power with it...
Old 04-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Brian.........PM Sent.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:57 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Dude you should go with the modular bassani x-pipe with high flow cats. But it really depends on what you want your car to sound like. Ideally you'll get 3 different sounds: Stock sound, the sound like scoots's stang (exotic), or the really loud muscle sound like dessloks stang. The best thing I think you could do is go with the modular bassani x-pipe. I have heard nothing but great things about it and if I had the money and I hadn't already put the x-pipe on that I have I would get that one in a heart beat. The only complants that I've heard about the bassani modular x-pipe is that it is a bitch to switch from off road to street legal. If you were willing to spend the money on the SLP piece of **** then go with the bassani, its the same thing.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:40 AM
bkmagby
1st Gear Member

Thanks everyone! I was tempted by the Bassani system, but after I heard a sound clip of the Bassani x-pipe with JBA axel backs I started to change my mind. Like I said, it sounds more exotic than muscle car. Maybe it was just the sound clip though?

Also, I am worried about ground clearance issues with the Bassani catted x-pipe being under the car. Not that my car is lowered much. On the rear is lowered by 3/4 of an inch. But I have read post about guys with cats under the car hitting something and the cats breaking and rattling.

And finally, I worry about being able to pass emissions testing which we have here in Houston TX.

I may just go with the FRPP splice in X-pipe and avoid all those problems. Or maybe, just get the Steeda U/D pulleys and delete plates for now.

If anyone wants to up-load some sound clips or e-mail them to me feel free, I would love to here them.

Thanks again for all the help!