Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Screwy Dealership. . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Default Screwy Dealership. . .

I took my 06 GT in for the airbag recall yesterday and dropped it off reluctantly. I was very clear with the service tech I didn't want htem screwing around with my car pulling a Ferris Bueller through the parking lot. So better judgement prevailed and I stayed to wait for my car instead of going to lunch. 20 minutes later I heard my car start up and idle for a second. Then I heard it revv a few times, spooling up the turbo,then some more and some more, then I heard someone hit the rev limiter and again a few more times. My wife looked at me and said, "Why are they doing that to your car?" I started walking in that direction when the revving stopped and the service manager walked around the corner and I asked him why they were revving my car. He ways, " That's yours?" He listened and then started walking over when they drove it around the corner and parked it for me.

Prior to dropping off the car I told the service guy I didn't want them screwing around with it. I looked at the guy and told him,"that's the type of horseshiit I was talking about."

He apologized and I left.

They didn't hurt the car but it gives me a preview of what they would be doing if I had to leave the car there overnight.

Off rant
Old 03-25-2008, 11:25 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Screwy Dealership. . .

that's why i try to never leave my car there unless i have to. they'll either do that, go take it for a joyride like that one dude who had his wife's GT's rear tires melt or it will be a lunch car.

f-that
Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

That sucks. Unprofessional, and they knew not to mess with your car and you were waiting. If you weren't there I'm sure they would have seen what your turbo had.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

You guys ever hear of a valet tune?

I even have a little sign that I tape to the steering wheel so when they get it in they know.

rev limited to 3k, speed limited to 55. I don't TELL them what the limits are, but I do tell them it's not even worth it to bother. Even if they tried, they aren't going to be able to have much fun with it.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

That's a damm good idea.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:18 AM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Even though, knowing the dealerships, they'll just try to load their tune on if they really wanna play
Old 03-26-2008, 02:00 AM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxDerek

Even though, knowing the dealerships, they'll just try to load their tune on if they really wanna play
If they don't know what you've got done to the car, and they load a stock tune, they better be prepared to replace your car.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

yeah.. I got brenspeed to send me a valet tune(when i ordered the tuner), when i take my car in for that air bag fix im gonna load it on there.. although im sure those techs have driven much faster cars than mine.... Its just something I plan on always doing when I drop it off for work to be done (especially when i finally S/C)
Old 03-26-2008, 10:30 AM
frd06GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Simon1

I took my 06 GT in for the airbag recall yesterday and dropped it off reluctantly. I was very clear with the service tech I didn't want htem screwing around with my car pulling a Ferris Bueller through the parking lot. So better judgement prevailed and I stayed to wait for my car instead of going to lunch. 20 minutes later I heard my car start up and idle for a second. Then I heard it revv a few times, spooling up the turbo,then some more and some more, then I heard someone hit the rev limiter and again a few more times. My wife looked at me and said, "Why are they doing that to your car?" I started walking in that direction when the revving stopped and the service manager walked around the corner and I asked him why they were revving my car. He ways, " That's yours?" He listened and then started walking over when they drove it around the corner and parked it for me.

Prior to dropping off the car I told the service guy I didn't want them screwing around with it. I looked at the guy and told him,"that's the type of horseshiit I was talking about."

He apologized and I left.

They didn't hurt the car but it gives me a preview of what they would be doing if I had to leave the car there overnight.

Off rant
It was a constant battle at the Ford dealer I worked at as well. As usual its not everyone at the dealer, its always some noob tech that just got out of the program. The worst part is when you take your car in for something simple, recalls, minor tsbs, squeaks and rattles so on those simplejobs almost always go to the new guys. While theSenior Masters are working on the big/tough jobs.

Let me put it to you this way, I'mtaking mine in on Friday for an alternator. I'm going to a differentFord dealer where my friend is a tech. I trust him completely, but I'm still going to be back there when the work is done. I've seen some of the 'tards working there and I dont trust them to stay away from my car. Mine'snothing special, but for them the temtation will be too great.

Short story: Your right, you can't trust them .
Old 03-26-2008, 10:42 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I dropped mine off last summer for the strut mount TSB. When I got it back, the bastads had put 23 miles on it. They didn't need to go that far to see if it was fixed.

Quick Reply: Screwy Dealership. . .