Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pypes Mid-Muffler System or Borla Stingers

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:00 PM
NewmanGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes Mid-Muffler System or Borla Stingers

I to had a choice between pypes vs stingers, after reading review after review....

Iwent withthe pypes mid-mufflerand could not be happier,its lound enough to turn a few heads w/o being annoying loud. I have a convertible and have no bothersome drone top up or down. Really, I cant find a downside to this set except for the install [:@].

Installed it myself, but paid a shop $30 to straigten & allign the tips.

To each his own... but my 2cents go for the pypes!

Old 04-17-2008, 04:16 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes Mid-Muffler System or Borla Stingers

Have you ever heard the stingers? Stingers with an O/R pipe is 10x louder than MM with a stock h-pipe. My friend heard me from about 2 miles away with an O/R h-pipe and stingers. The stingers are just a straight through design and with an O/R pipe it is almost straight pipes. How would the MM with a huge resonator and cats be almost as loud?
As for which one the OP should get the stingers produce a really deep tone with a pretty good amount of drone inside. I have never heard the MM, but I loved the sound of the stingers with the stock h-pipe as well as an O/R pipe. You really can't go wrong with either one of these set ups. Just don't get an O/R x-pipe with flowmasters.
ORIGINAL: TOMBSTANG

hands down pypes MM , it destroys the borlas especially with a o/r mid pipe. The borlas with a o/r h are barely even louder then the MM with stock mid pipe, and the borlas are a rip off in price too. you definitly wil be pissed if you get the borlas then hear a MM set up.

IMHO I hate borlas,lol I think they are the most over praised over priced exhaust for the s197, way to passive with stock mid pipe and get blown out of the water when lined up with other set ups with o/r mid pipes.