Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pypes Mid-Muffler System or Borla Stingers

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 04:46 AM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Default Pypes Mid-Muffler System or Borla Stingers

I am wanting to change my exhaust setup. I was originally thinking of bassani (not the race style) but then after doing some reading it seems people like the Borla Stingers Better. Now I'm reading about the Pypes Mid-Muffler (The 304 Polished SS)Sysem and now I'm really confused. I was wondering if anyone could give me there opinion as far as drone and sound goes. I don't want to **** off the neighbors.....to bad. And my car is my Daily Driver. I've also heard someone say that the Bassani Axle back sounds kinda ricey. Now I think I'm interested in the Pypes system but it is hard to tell how loud they really are with computer speakers. Any input would be verymuch appreciated.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:32 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes Mid-Muffler System or Borla Stingers

Go with Pypes... they dont drone much, if at all. The borla's drone a lot by comparison. The pypes are not too loud unless you get on it.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:46 AM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Thanks, That is what I wanted to know. I'm after a deeper more aggressive tone a little louder at Idle and Cuise but at WOT I want that unmistakable muscle car sound.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:50 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Heres a quick video of my car with the pypes mid muffler and stock H taking off:
http://www.mymustangvideo.com/video/...%3AVideo%3A922

Old 04-12-2008, 11:54 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

You can't go wrong with the stingers. They drone a lot though, if you do a lot of highway driving around 60 mph, don't get the stingers. I just drive around 70 mph and it's fine, no drone there.

Another plus for the stingers is the tips allignment, they are a perfect fit, you only have to adjust the hangers a bit to allign them perfectly. While the mid mufflers on the other hand will be a PITA to adjust you have to loosen the midpipe and try, and you won't even get them alligned perfectly at the end.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:20 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info that actually helped outalot with my discision. I have a half hour drive to work everyday and I usually do between 60 and 65 depending on traffic so I have a feeling the Stingers would drive me nuts after awhile. So I think I will be going with Pypes.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Or Corsa ... no drone.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:31 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

or you can get the stingers and 4.10's, that way at 60 mph, you'd be pass the drone range of the stingers, 1500-2000 rpm roughly.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:08 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

I thought about corsa, but I've heard them and they are to close to the stock sound level IMO, WOT they sound good but the rest of the time they are to mellow. I know I sound picky and I am I want to get the exhaust that I think Suits my car. Also Thanks VerginaStang for the Link, I haven't been able to watch it yet because i'm at work and they block all the streaming video[:@]so I'll have to watch it in awhile.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:19 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

I went from the stingers to the pypes mid muffler. The pypes are a better overall setup. They sound more open, aggressive, and have about half the drone of the stingers...

Heres a vid of my Pypes mid muff with a prochamber. Its was pretty dam windy outsude but you can get a feel for the tone at 137sec...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBI1BQTRIeM

Quick Reply: Pypes Mid-Muffler System or Borla Stingers