Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #131
GCCBrian
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang GT
@blahdo_s197gt

I'm running into some trouble here and I could use some help. I've tried taking the filling plug off first but for some damn reason it's just not coming off! The car is 8 years old and has been garaged its whole life, it only has 38,000 miles. This i the first time it's ever going to get changed. I've even tried using a breaker bar and it's just not coming off. Can anyone suggest an alternative way to getting this thing off?

The transmission is the TR3650 off the 2006 Mustang GT

- Good thing I went for the fill plug first because if i drained it and couldn't get the fill plug off I would've been screwed
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
GCCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #132
AutoXRacer
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Stage 3 Roush Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCBrian View Post
I'm running into some trouble here and I could use some help. I've tried taking the filling plug off first but for some damn reason it's just not coming off! The car is 8 years old and has been garaged its whole life, it only has 38,000 miles. This i the first time it's ever going to get changed. I've even tried using a breaker bar and it's just not coming off. Can anyone suggest an alternative way to getting this thing off?

The transmission is the TR3650 off the 2006 Mustang GT

- Good thing I went for the fill plug first because if i drained it and couldn't get the fill plug off I would've been screwed
The plugs have treadlock on them, so it will be tough to break the torque, but it should not be that hard. You should be using a 3/8" breaker bar to break the torque, then just a ratchet.

Here are the instructions on servicing: http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=289&viewfil...%20Filling.pdf
600HP/580TQ (14-16 PSI) | 640HP/620TQ (15-18 PSI) | 91 octane - Tuned by LITO
AutoXRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #133
OutlawFirebird
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 gt
OutlawFirebird OutlawFirebird

Just switched fluid a few days ago. I put rp ATF instead of Synchromax. Feels smother compared to the stock motor craft. First tyranny fluid change at about 32k. I used a pump my dad had in his tool box. Worked really well a few Pumps on each bottle and it was done. I'll snap a picture of it sometime. He helped which made it easier. Also used a lift to do it. Good tread lots of info here.
OutlawFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #134
pairof11s

Vehicle: 2011

newbe here, i got a 2011 gt, what trans does it have and does it have the same fill and drain as some of these pic's show?
thanks

2011 GT CONV. premium package, candy red, black interior with black/cashmere seats, rear back-up camera, 6 speed, GT500 mufflers
pairof11s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #135
Ponyboy72

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT-Chiropractor's Edition

Did you take out the driveshaft in order to gain access to the fill plug? The picture shows what looks to me like the tailshaft yoke bolt up plate...?
Be awesome if you can get back to me asap...latest mod will be this gearbox fluid change asap!
Ponyboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:18 AM   #136
OutlawFirebird
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 gt
OutlawFirebird OutlawFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy72 View Post
Did you take out the driveshaft in order to gain access to the fill plug? The picture shows what looks to me like the tailshaft yoke bolt up plate...?
Be awesome if you can get back to me asap...latest mod will be this gearbox fluid change asap!
I did not have to remove my driveshaft when doing my 07gt. I used a pump, to pump the oil in. That's what some use or some run a hose up through the shifter into the cab. I used one like this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0043YIFGU?cache=779525f80eaa1abcb9a3114b3444b3dd& pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1408706336&sr=1-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2
OutlawFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:18 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, 08, 2005, 2007, adding, bottle, changing, fill, fluid, gt, manual, mustang, s197, squeeze, transmission