Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-23-2008, 05:34 PM   #11
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT
Default RE: A How To: changing manual transmission fluid

Quote:
ORIGINAL: kcmarti

I do not believe I have ever change the tranny fluid on any of my manual transmission vehicles. Is this required? When/what mileage is recommended for the change?
+1................. I'm at 20k so I'm guessing mine's ok for now if you said yours looks fine.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #12
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '05 Mustang GT

Quote:

I do not believe I have ever change the tranny fluid on any of my manual transmission vehicles. Is this required? When/what mileage is recommended for the change?
I used Red Line ATF at 3.8k. Going to use Amsoil at 30k. Amsoil because Red Line is not too available in NC. I talked to Red Line before I made the Amsoil decision. They recommended a 30k change interval.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #13
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:

Every 4 years or 60,000 miles according to the haynes manual. I changed mine because my manual transmission is noisey. I read it significantly reduces noise. I still haven't driven the car because i'm waiting on some stupid K member bolts that are stripped![:@] I should have them replaced tomorrow.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #14
sactown
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Hey Moose,
Sorry I didn't read the entire post, but did you finish? I am curious to see how everything works out. I ordered the Mcleod RST today, and 4.10s, thinking about a spyder shaft. The clutch won't ship until 5-9 which sucks. But once it is here the new mods will be prothane mounts, 4.10's, clutch and maybe a spyder shaft. Do you know anyone wanting a cheap Spec'sII + aluminum flywheel? It just needs a new facing $70.00 from specs. I am think 75.00 + shipping for the flywheel.

9.63 @ 141

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hMHz...hpn-cXeKrLg-zg
sactown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #15
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: sactown

Hey Moose,
Sorry I didn't read the entire post, but did you finish? I am curious to see how everything works out. I ordered the Mcleod RST today, and 4.10s, thinking about a spyder shaft. The clutch won't ship until 5-9 which sucks. But once it is here the new mods will be prothane mounts, 4.10's, clutch and maybe a spyder shaft. Do you know anyone wanting a cheap Spec'sII + aluminum flywheel? It just needs a new facing $70.00 from specs. I am think 75.00 + shipping for the flywheel.
I finished, but I only drove the car around the block. It seems my passenger side K member bolts were cross threaded at the factory. I backed them off, but not out, to lower the engine and went to torque them to spec and couldn't get them back in. I'm getting some new bolts from ford tomorrow and hopefully they thread in no problem.

I swear my clutch pedal feels lighter than stock, but it could be because I haven't driven the car in a few days. I might still have some air in it as well. Atleast the car doesn't roll when in gear and I rev it. I think I also had an exhaust leak at the header/H pipe connection which i fixed. I figure if I eventually take the whole car apart and put it back together, it just might be perfect when I'm done.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 04-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #16
kcmarti
2nd Gear Member

Hmmm... Since I am now approaching 75K, I guess I will add tranny fluid to the AMSOil order.

Sequentials, 50F/35R Metallic Tint, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA Exhaust, BamaChips Tunes, JLT-II CAI, Hurst Shifter, Roush Front End
kcmarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #17
acdc163
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT Coupe

Hey Moose, I saw them picking on you in the street/strip section, whats up with that?
[IMG]2006 Mustang Gt Polished Roush S/C, BBR pulley upgrade, Steeda CAI, Spydershaft, MGW Shifter, Roush front facia and rear spoiler, sequential turn signals, BFG KDW SLP loudmouth, BMR billet lca's, shorty antenna, Steeda hood struts, Eibach pro kit. 411RWHP 377T. R.I.P. Bonn Scott
acdc163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #18
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: acdc163

Hey Moose, I saw them picking on you in the street/strip section, whats up with that?
I guess you need to take your car to the track and beat the shiot out of it or you are not worthy of that forum. Just some jealously among some 2v owners. That forum is dead to me, it's a chevy forum anyway.

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 04-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #19
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I recently installed RP SyncroMax. I think it made an improvment.
18" "Fanblade Wheels"
CORSA Performance exhaust
Brenspeed 87 octane performance tune
MGW Shifter
Goldenpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #20
RyanPR

Vehicle: 05

I have an '05 V6 Mustang (manual). I was having significant issues shifting into gear. Two Ford dealers told me I needed a new clutch (even though it wasn't slipping). I installed Royal Purple MT Fluid a week ago and the difference is night and day. The transmission is now really smooth and I hardly have any issues getting into gears. The majority of the time I have no issues getting into gears.

The car has 35,000 miles on it. The trans fluid that came out was dark brown, sort of like a Guinness or dark coffee color. So, I'd say the fluid should probably be replaced every 30,000 miles at least. And I'd highly recommend Royal Purple. A friend has an E36 ('98) M3 and he put RP in at the same time. His fluid wasn't in bad shape and the difference in shifting was still noticeable.

Mostly, I'd like to thank Moose for the tube recommendation. I can't imagine how much time that saved us.

Any suggestions for changing the hydraulic fluid for the clutch?

-Ryan
RyanPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:26 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, 08, 2005, 2007, adding, bottle, changing, fill, fluid, gt, manual, mustang, s197, squeeze, transmission