Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BBK Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 11:49 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

Default BBK Throttle Body

ok, i just found a new dual 62mm throttle body from BBK that supposedly adds 8+HP. i am seriously thinking about ordering this but first i was wondering if anybody knew what the factory size of our throttle body is. i know it is dual and i am thinking around 52-55mm but does anybody know for sure???

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gtbbk.htm
Old 04-27-2005, 04:30 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: BBK Throttle Body

i have not called them but i tryed to see about buying one and they have no page set up for it on there site.i guess it is still to come.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:57 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

click on the link in my first post. the ordering number and everything is on their website
Old 04-27-2005, 08:05 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

click on the link in my first post. the ordering number and everything is on their website
yes it was what i did before i wrote that. did you try to purchase it on that site? there is no part # yet for it and the screen that you would order it from is not up and running yet. the add on the screen before you order stated an early summer release and to stay tuned. you can't get um yet or at least not from this site (online that is) it might be diffrent if you call them i dunno. i was just asking you if you tryed to get it because i was messing around and wanted to see how much shipping was on this unit and you can order it yet from there site. but they do have it priced already that is good
Old 04-27-2005, 08:21 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

yeah, no kidding. i am just not really in the mood to go to the dyno again and get my afr recalibrated just to accomidate a new throttle body. i might wait and get it when i get my 100 shot of dry nitrous. get em tuned at the same time. i'll let you when i find anything out though
Old 04-28-2005, 06:22 AM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

well i found this this morning it cost more but it is available now sheesh this is getting expensive
http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/BBK1763.htm
Old 04-28-2005, 02:58 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

oh well, it's just money right???

are you gonna order that one or wait till RPM gets it in stock. i will probably wail till they get it since they are located about 10 miles from my apt even though then wont let me drive there and pick it up; UPS only takes a day to get it to me.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:44 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Just a curiosity question.
Why are you going with a dry shot? I have been kinda looking and reading ( just enough to get me in trouble ) and it looks to me that a wet shot is a better option than a dry shot. Not as much of a risk of leaning out. Am I confused on the concept ( VERY POSSIBLE ).
Old 04-29-2005, 09:40 AM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

yea i thought a wet shot was a lot safer but i see guys getting the dry all the time is it just cheaper and less of a hassle to install or what?
Old 04-29-2005, 11:34 AM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

wet shots are alot safer way to go.....dry shots can do some serius damage real quick...i think zex has an faq on their site to see how exactly each works and the pros and cons of both

Quick Reply: BBK Throttle Body