Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SLP or PYPES

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:51 AM
ZeroIngold
2nd Gear Member

Default SLP or PYPES

Heres my dilema I have Slp loudmouth axlebacks. But I have a chance to get Pypes midmuffler catback. Is it worth the change? I cant tell from the videos online if I like the sound better as far as if it is deeper or not. I also heard our cars like a little back pressure do the SLP's affect that much?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:19 PM
SilversurferV6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP or PYPES

k i have the pypes muffler delete axlebacks without the midpipe and it isdef louder thanmy buddy with slp. the slp is slightly deeper ONLY because it has resonated tipsBUT u can throw on resonated exhaust tips with the pypes if u are at alldisappointed, which i doubt. Andu can get them anywhere with aut partsfor 20-30 a piece and it will basically sound just like slps is u resonate em. So def go for pypes cuz u can get the muffler deltes and mid pipes for the same price as slp axlebacks. TRUST ME. and the slps only have more back pressure cuz the resonators, but like i said u can get them for the pypes system as well.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:22 PM
SilversurferV6
2nd Gear Member

i misread a bit, if ur asking is it worth a change then no, if it is money out of ur pocket, then def not, u will get no power differences, the pypes will just be a louder and not as deep unless resonated. just be an x-pipe they are cheap and def worth it.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:23 PM
SilversurferV6
2nd Gear Member

and if u decide to do so i will swap my pypes muffler deletes for ur slp's they are to loud for the cops in my town. but like i said unless u want to be louder no need.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:28 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

just be wary of fitment issues if you go with the pypes....
Old 06-29-2008, 08:31 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

He is not talking about the pypes muffler deletes. He is referring to the pypes mid muffler system. I just ordered it Friday and should be here tomorrow. The sound of pypes mid muffler system is as close to perfect as you can get i believe. Everyone i know who has it loves the sound more than anything. With the pypes however most people need to modify the passenger side hanger to get the tips even.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:34 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5SPD07GT

He is not talking about the pypes muffler deletes. He is referring to the pypes mid muffler system. I just ordered it Friday and should be here tomorrow. The sound of pypes mid muffler system is as close to perfect as you can get i believe. Everyone i know who has it loves the sound more than anything. With the pypes however most people need to modify the passenger side hanger to get the tips even.
I'd imagine every pypes product have fitment issues lol
Old 06-29-2008, 04:39 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

You get what you pay for.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:48 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

K...I had slp lm's and currently have the PMM. On a scale of 1-10 I would put the LM's at a6.5 and the PMM at a 9.5. The PMM is the best sounding exhaust for the care IMO!!! They will seem quiet at first comming from the LM's but they get a lot louder once broken in.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:47 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

I would just keep the slps. I like the sound of those mufflers.

Quick Reply: SLP or PYPES