Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New GT info

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 11:30 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Default New GT info

Got my new GT today, I drove around for awhile showing off to all my friends, got home took out my screw driver and needle nose pliers, took off the inlet tube to remove the hc trap, none their, I took the whole tube off not in there. I read that someone else that took recent delivery didn't have one either. Apparently Ford reads this forum and found out everybody is taking them out so they saved money and stopped putting them in lol. Mine was built week of 4/25. Also the fuel tank is the up dated version no problem filling up, the salesman said it took him 20 mins. to fill the older ones up. For those who don't have theirs, you won't believe the driving expreince this thing hauls ***.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: New GT info

Welcome aboard cfr!! Congratulations!! It's a helluva car, isn't it?

BTW, I was the one who posted that mine didn't have the vapor trap. And I have had no problems with the gas tank (except it seems to get empty too quick; dam leadfoot - LOL). But, guess what... my CD player started skipping yesterday... not a lot, but every so often. I'm going to keep an "ear" on it and see how it goes for a few days.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:12 AM
gotan05
1st Gear Member

Hopefully I have the same luck. Mine was built Apr 25, but now the dealer is trying to take me for a ride since there are so many prospects lined up. I really don't think he wants to **** me off, because I will be home in a couple of weeks
Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
red05

congrats on your gt cfr865,check your fuses under the hood some people have had loose fuses, I checked my fuses and they was ok. but I had the bad radio and the service manager has me one on order, and I have the bad strut bearings and I am on a waiting list of several hundred people to get them replaced when ford has a solution. no problem with filling gas tank, the prodution date on my 05 gt was 02/05. I hope you have fun showing it off like I did my torch red 05 gt coupe. I still have people that want to look at it when I park it at the malls,etc. I think the new body style is great but I really like the 5 speed auto over the 4 speed auto that I had in my black 04 gt coupe.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

You might go back and check to verify but...

I am thinking that the Vapor Trap thing might be a California Emissions requirement. If your car is built to meet CER you will have it. If it isn’t, you won’t.

Same with that stupid “Air Pump†they make the CA Cars have.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:51 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

I'm in CA and mine didn't come with the H/C Trap... I wonder if early production Mustangs had them but they stopped recently... my build date was 04/05/05.
Rick
Old 05-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Maybe they moved it to behind the throttle bore! THAT would make it more difficult to remove!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:48 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: RetiredGeneral

I'm in CA and mine didn't come with the H/C Trap... I wonder if early production Mustangs had them but they stopped recently... my build date was 04/05/05.
Rick
Ditto... ordered from and delivered to San Diego, CA.

No ash trays in these buggers either... lol.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:58 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: red05

I have the bad strut bearings and I am on a waiting list of several hundred people to get them replaced when ford has a solution.
red05, Ford has a TSB out on the poping struts already. Casper posted it here last week. Here is the link:

https://mustangforums.com/m_496918/tm.htm

Old 05-05-2005, 07:55 PM
red05

thanks cmenders, but that tsb is no good anymore it was only a patch and ford has told all ford service departments to stop using that fix until they have a real solution because it is a design flaw. the service manager at my dealership is a close friend of mine and he showed me the letter from ford on this problem and if they used that tsb to fix it ford would not pay for it. and if you start taking the front end apart several times to try this fix you will only cause premature wear on front struts and parts as this fix will not last. They hope to have a real fix very soon.

Quick Reply: New GT info