Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple Update

Old 07-08-2008, 10:39 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Default Whipple Update

Well, I have had the Whipple H/O on the car for about a month now, and have put approximately 2000 miles on it.

I am proud to report, I have had ZERO issues. No fluid leaks, no run problems. Nothing. Car runs smoother than my previous Diablo tune. My hat is off to Whipple.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple Update

10,000 miles with my Whipple, no issues (besides VMP's tune at first. Thats fixed now).

This weekend is the engine swap, so I'll be able to push the Whipple a bit harder! woot.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple Update

glad to hear it AZ and cat i'm jealous

funny how whipple owners have such
a strong love affair, with their s/c
Old 07-09-2008, 01:00 AM
TXPONY

Default Whipple advice

Tomorrow I trade my 03 GT for an 05 GT. Either I'm geeting into the worst BUFU ever, or I've found a gem. Wipple 5 psi, Ford racing exhaust, Ford racing suspension and 13k miles all for $20k. The car looks like it just rolled out of an SVT dealership, not even a mark on a rim. Talking with the little dealership, I don't think they know what they have. They only quote KBB prices and the price of gas. My questions PLEASE ANYONE is... How worried should I be that the Whipple has not been tuned and its not intercooled? I'm GREAT with the boost as it is, and the car drives NICE. I even took it to an SVT qualified garage mechanic who gave it a 30 minute free look over. He said it was "straight", but I may want to have it tuned (by him) and add an intercooler. Does the Whiiple 5 psi NOT come already tuned and "safe" like Whipple says they are? As long as I keep it at 5 pounds can I run it (out of the red) as is???

Thanks anyone for advice and experience!
Mahalo~
Old 07-09-2008, 04:02 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Whipple advice

LOL TXPONY ^^^^ I just responded to your thread about that deal!!!!!

To the OP congrats and I am near the miles you have on it and only had a custom tune issue that has since been resolved! No leaks or issues since! Idler pulley squeak is gone after some driving and using just as modaddict said! (still getting the 8 rib belt kit and the tensioner though)

CataclysmGT.....cant wait to see how she runs after the built motor and new boost you will run after.....going to 16 psi? Heard after that you need to upgrade the TB and intake so it can get all the air it needs to force into that new motor!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:30 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

OP - Congrats, that is one of my favorite things about the whipple it is its rock solid reliablity. I have 10k miles after the SC no issues what so ever. I am also still using the whipple tune as well. In january I am dropping another $4k to finish the rest of the mechanical mods (Including VMP Dyno Tune ), then wheels and a few low key exterior mods. And the car is "done".

Cat - I am very jealous as well, hopefully in a few years I can follow your lead. Did I miss the post with all your specifics? What psi, what compression, what is your power goal? Trans?

You should have adam install his custom intake and big TB while you are at it.

Got to love the whipple.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Had mine since January. Only issue so far was a bent tensioner and thrown belt. A thump_rrr tensioner took care of that problem permanently.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:09 PM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

500 miles...no Whipple issues
Old 07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

Glad to hear your Whipple is doing well. I've had mine on for about 2 months now, and everything has been smooth sailing since the install. Whipple definately put a lot of good engineering into the 140ax, and it shows.

David
Old 07-12-2008, 11:31 AM
teedub
1st Gear Member

I have had mine on now for three weeks and last night was the first time I took it to the track. ( 1/8 mile )

I noticed that there was a bit of lag when it would shift ( auto trans ) from second to third. What do you guys think might be the problem? The tune from Whipple or the trans itself?

BTW, with stock tires my first run was slower than my best when I was 100% stock!! There is so much power ( running ~10psi ) with the Whipple it is crazy. With a driver mod I was running in the 8.6's with 8.56 my best ET.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whipple Update