Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My ST Motorsports 298 Stroker

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 03:22 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: My ST Motorsports 298 Stroker

Damn you Cat!!!! the mods just keep flowing...... cant wait to see pics of the rims and brakes![8D]
Old 07-23-2008, 03:32 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Adam said you you saw my motor sitting on the floor all taped up. I'm still waiting for the flywheel.

Congrats!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:42 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Simon about how much longer you going to be without a car?.......sorry if I opened an old wound but I remember reading about the demise of the old motor[&:]....
Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

link to the oil seperator?
Old 07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I noticed your motor sitting there. Unlike you, I didn't have the luxury of waiting for Clutchmasters CNC guy's machine to start working.......so I just got a single disk. A twin is still in the future!

Pics next week boys!
Old 07-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Simon about how much longer you going to be without a car?.......sorry if I opened an old wound but I remember reading about the demise of the old motor[&:]....
Well it was supposed to be ready June 3rd but Manley for some strange reason ran out of the valves I needed so after several weeks of bitching, Manley finally delivered. Then he told me the clutch was hazed and the disc needed replacement. We discussed it andI told him to get a new disc from RPS and call it good. A few weeks later I asked himif he had received thedisc and he hadn't taken care of it yet (he's a busy man no sweat) and when it cametime to put the car back together he went to order the clutch and dicovered the clutch probably won't hold the power the car will make. So . . . he talked me into a Clutchmasters Twin disc setup that is almost identical to the GT500 clutch only ceramic. He orders them often and get them a few days after ordering. Then the CNC machine went down that creates the billet steel flywheels for clutchmasters. After some scraping for a new CNC machine, Clultchmasters got it together and should be delivering the flywheel today or this week some time. I'm hoping it got there today so I can fly down next week and get the car.

I confirmed with STS the turbo is good to 600 rwhp so we will see what Adam can squeeze out of it. Adam predicted 525ish on pump gas and 600 on 100 octane. We will see.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

OH and he said, "You should put 'Professional Motor Blower' in your sig cause you did a number on this thing."

He said when it blew, it sent pieces all the way through the intake and filled my intercooler with radiator fluid. I drained the fluid a few days after the explosion and only needed to undue one bolt to drain the radiator fluid and the oil. That one bolt was the oil plug. Not good. Not like the hole pushed out on the side of my block was any better.

I'd say castostrophic failure is a good desciption of what happen to the that poor motor.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:52 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

congrats on the build your car is sweet looking, cant wai to see the new pics.

+1 for whooping some *** in canada. Im canadian,grew up and lived there for 23 yrsbut I live in fla now. Just nice to see some canadian fellas doin git up right, dont see as many done up stangs as you do out here since al the parts and tuners etc are mainly in the us. cost a arm and a leg to get parts to ya in canada.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:04 AM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

I need money!

Anyways i see a Whipple in the relative near future.

And that Camaro will have plenty of competition from us!!!! GGEETTTEEEMMM

Awsome setup. Now bring on the boooooossstt
Old 07-24-2008, 11:09 AM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

The difference between the 2.3L and the 3.4L isn't as large as some would like to think. High boost for sure it starts to show (mainly lower IAT's) but my IATs are so low here anyway. I mean, 86-95* on a warm day, 45* some mornings. Even after a full throttle run, I maybe see a 20* increase.
I might run the next size smaller pulley to bring her up to ~14 PSI, but we will see. Plenty fast as is.....hahaha
I am seeing 120-169 degree IAT's on the 3.4. I believe mine are higher due to the pulley I have on. I am seeing 20 lbs of boostwhen I punch itThe 3.4 just allows you to run a little more boost on pump gas.

Quick Reply: My ST Motorsports 298 Stroker