Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Magna Charger?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:31 AM
mustang44130

Default RE: Magna Charger?

This is on a 3.00 pulley with no timing. The car pulled 464 with a 2.80 pulley and a little timing the A/F's were a little fat at 11.1 so we put the 3.00 pulley back on and this is what it made. I have no reason to lie to anyone on this site. So take it for what it's worth.

[IMG]local://upfiles/102259/00DAC511D5774BCDABBDBFDE6B24CC2F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-05-2008, 08:51 AM
mustang44130

All I have to say is do ur research, I'm not saying the Magnacharger is a better blower then the whipple Nor am I saying the whipple is better then the MC. All dyno's are NOT the the same, no matter what blower you go with, ur gonna be right around 430-460 to the tire low to mid 12's If u want to be stealth by a whipple if you want people to know ur there by a Magnacharger, cause when u mash that gas ur gonna hear a roar like you never heard before!!! If you want a very fast street car buy a Whipple or the Magnacharger if you wanna really go big buy theKB mamouth. But I will end on this, I have not been beat on the track or on the street by any other blower. I have many friends all Whipple blowers on this site that will confirm this, Jim you can chime in on this anytime you want!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 AM
mustanghobby
1st Gear Member

Yesmustang44130 is right either blower u get is good whipple, mc, kb, u cant go wrong with either one. mine has a H.O whipple 10 lbs of boost we both took r cars to the track. we each made 5 runs and him and iwere even. imo the dyno numbers r not what matters its the track numbers. i will say this out of the roots and twin screw blowers the magnacharger has the best sounding whine!!!!! its definitely not stealth when u hammer it.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

IMO depends what you want.

If you dont ever want to forge and will be happy with 425rwhp is, then I think an Eaton is fine. Problem is they are about maxed out at 9-10psi.

A whipple can be spun to 25psi, but would start to see deminishing returns probably around 16-18psi.

T/S make less heat due to their design so have lower IAT's, this allows them to run more timing for a given boost level.

I bought my whipple for around $5k by doing lots of internet research. If you think you will ever want more than 10psi I would go whipple. In the end you always want more.

that is JMO
Old 08-05-2008, 12:22 PM
mustang44130

Some what true,,, Magnacharger was proven on a side by side by side comparo with three other blowers to run more consistant at 15 psi then any other blower. I'm not here to hate or argue on who has the better car or better blower I came in here to answer a question someone had about the Magnacharger, I will put my Magnacharger against any whipple any day! I let the car on the track or street speak for itself! New bottom end and a smaller pulley this winter will put 550-600 to the tire, I'll post the videos a when the job is done
Old 08-05-2008, 12:26 PM
mustang44130

Magnacharger Supercharger System for Ford Mustang 3V with INTERCOOLER!
Systems are designed to utilize the highly effective air to water intercooler for optimized performance, towing, drivability and fuel mileage.
This all-new supercharger system utilizes the Magna Charger 5th Generation MP112 hybrid roots style supercharger with internal bypass valve. Torque and horsepower output is improved from 1,200 rpm to 5,500 rpm, giving more “power under the curve” than any other supercharger system available, increases in excess of 140+ horsepower and torque increases of equal amounts have been verified on the Magnuson chassis dynamometer.
Ford supercharger systems are complete with all components necessary for installation. Included in the kit is the cast aluminum
intake manifold, factory “push lock connectors” are utilized in the fuel system for ease of installation. Other components in the system include new fuel injectors and extruded aluminum fuel rails, intercooler pump, secondary radiator and coolant circulation pump for air to water intercooler.

The included computer programmer communicates with the factory ECU for proper calibration the of the supercharger system. Transmission shift points, line pressures and converter strategies are optimized for use with the increase in torque and horsepower on automatic equipped vehicles.

Intercooled Supercharger Specifications:
[ul][*]Intercooled systems include manifold cooler, water circulation pump, heat exchanger, hoses w/clamps, coolant reservoir, electrical relays and wiring[*]Patented cast aluminum manifold replaces factory composite nylon intake, new manifold incorporates equal length intake runners and is isolated from radiant engine heat[*]MP112 supercharger with integral bypass valve. Same internal rotating assembly as Mercedes, Jaguar, Ford and BMW for extended service life and quiet operation[*]Internal bypass valve reduces parasitic losses while cruising for increased efficiency and economy[*]Fuel system includes new fuel injectors, fuel rails, factory “push lock connectors”, and regulator adapter and computer programmed for optimized drivability[*]Entire system fits under the hood without cutting any body panels and can be installed using common hand tools[*]System comes complete with all necessary brackets, connectors, hardware and fuel system components[*]Computer programmed communicates with factory ECU for proper calibration of supercharger system. Transmission shift points, line pressures and converter strategies are optimized for use with the increase in torque and horsepower[*]Standard 3 Year Limited Warranty on the supercharger system[*]Intercooled systems are available in a Stardust Silver powdercoat or polished finish [/ul]
Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
mustang44130

Torque and horsepower output is improved from 1,200 rpm to 5,500 rpm, giving more “power under the curve” than any other supercharger system available
Old 08-05-2008, 12:33 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

... you should stop believing everything that manufacturers claim my friend.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustanghobby

Yesmustang44130 is right either blower u get is good whipple, mc, kb, u cant go wrong with either one. mine has a H.O whipple 10 lbs of boost we both took r cars to the track. we each made 5 runs and him and iwere even. imo the dyno numbers r not what matters its the track numbers. i will say this out of the roots and twin screw blowers the magnacharger has the best sounding whine!!!!! its definitely not stealth when u hammer it.

I have never heard a stealth supercharger on an S197...

And doesnt the competition really ly in the tune rather than the blower?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:40 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Im gonna trade my whipple in for a magnacharger.

Quick Reply: Magna Charger?