Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

TCI Ratchet Shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:17 PM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

Default TCI Ratchet Shifter?

Well it looks like it is finally available: http://www.jegs.com/p/TCI/974086/10002/-1

Does anybody have one yet?

Want to make sure it well good before plopping down $459 !!

thanks

Old 08-07-2008, 12:15 AM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: TCI Ratchet Shifter?

Last time this came up, JEGs said it would ship the first of August. Today they say:

StreetFighter Ratchet Shifter[*]2005-08 Mustang Part Number # 890-619570

This item is expected to ship in 16-23 days
Same story. Yes, but not yet.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:54 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

any other benefits other then cosmetic? I don't really like the plastic boot around the shifter.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:11 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Cosmetic? Well that is one ugly shifter! It belongs in commercial jet or something.
They want 450 dollars too. That is hilarious.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Well, relative to the look of the stock shifter it's decent looking. Other than the look, the only other benefit of this shifter is the ability to ratchet through the gears.For $450 that's a pretty tough sell. I'd love something to replace the plastic crap that is my stock shifter, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money on a shifter.

As far as the plastic boot is concerened, I've seen several versions of this shifter and that's the only pic I've seen that has it. If I do ever end up getting this thing I sure won't get that one! Here is another pic of the same shifter:

The shifter isn't even available though. They've had this thing listed for months and while you can order it, you'll have to wait God knows how long until you actually get the thing. Below the price there is a link that says 'Manufacturers Availability/Date Unkown'. Click on that and you get this message:

Currently unavailable from the manufacturer, this item does not have a date of availability. There may be similar/comparable items for your consideration. Please add the item to your cart to view all your options. You may still order the unavailable item, and it will be sent as soon as it is offered by the manufacturer.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:15 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleep Deprived

Well, relative to the look of the stock shifter it's decent looking. Other than the look, the only other benefit of this shifter is the ability to ratchet through the gears.For $450 that's a pretty tough sell. I'd love something to replace the plastic crap that is my stock shifter, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money on a shifter.

As far as the plastic boot is concerened, I've seen several versions of this shifter and that's the only pic I've seen that has it. If I do ever end up getting this thing I sure won't get that one! Here is another pic of the same shifter:

The shifter isn't even available though. They've had this thing listed for months and while you can order it, you'll have to wait God knows how long until you actually get the thing. Below the price there is a link that says 'Manufacturers Availability/Date Unkown'. Click on that and you get this message:

Currently unavailable from the manufacturer, this item does not have a date of availability. There may be similar/comparable items for your consideration. Please add the item to your cart to view all your options. You may still order the unavailable item, and it will be sent as soon as it is offered by the manufacturer.

that **** is tight lol.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 AM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

I prefer to stay D for dummy... and just... not shift my car...
Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

I called the other day when I had seen the new update. NO ETA... So I was told it was not in stock and will go back into waiting mode or may just call TCI and see what the heck is the hold up. I called on the B&M about a month ago and was told 90 days. Now if you dont have the item and dont know when you are going to get why would you have it on your website. Jegs that is Not cool!!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:57 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I was wanting to get the B&amp;M shifter which was supposed to be out in April according to what a B&amp;M guy told me. But of course that never happened.

I wanted one to make it easier to manually shift the auto which I do a lot.

But I don't care anymore b/c in about two weeks I may have a manual 08.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Big Blue Md

I talked to both TCI and B&M the other day, TCI now said they will ship in September but we've heard this before, and B&M has no date.
I dont like either one, I want one that looks more old school like the B&M Mega Shifter, I'm doing some home work now to try and retrofit {for lack of a better word} one of these in, I think it would look much better and racier then either ones that they are trying to push on us.
Excuse the GM pic, but it kind gives you the idea of what this one would look like in an 05 up Mustang, if I can make it work

Quick Reply: TCI Ratchet Shifter?