Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pypes Mid muffler Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
KevinB06gt
1st Gear Member

Default Pypes Mid muffler Advice

Im going to order the Pypes mid muffler system by the end of the week. I am going to also try to get my hands on an O/R H pipe also... Heres the Deal, This is going to be "My Thing" as in i want to do the installation and learn first hand with my own experience on this.. My question is how difficult will this be? I hear the mid muffler is hit or miss with it fitting perfectly with your car, thats the only thing that worries me... Any advice before i start this up?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:39 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes Mid muffler Advice

That company is a hit or miss with fitment and quality. Have your tools all ready for the install and take your time. I installed my o/r h and fitment was junk. How difficult will the whole kit be? The o/r h would be the hardest to install. tacoBill's tutorial was real helpful as far as the tools needed, battery out,etc. Be sure to look over your parts when you get them. You know the main parts of the mids right? The coupler comes out(15mm deep), I believe? Mufflers, 13mm for hangers, 15mm deep socket for clamps. A little penetrant is good for the first time taking them off, they're on real tight, like our factory oil filter.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:25 PM
KevinB06gt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brad281

That company is a hit or miss with fitment and quality. Have your tools all ready for the install and take your time. I installed my o/r h and fitment was junk. How difficult will the whole kit be? The o/r h would be the hardest to install. tacoBill's tutorial was real helpful as far as the tools needed, battery out,etc. Be sure to look over your parts when you get them. You know the main parts of the mids right? The coupler comes out(15mm deep), I believe? Mufflers, 13mm for hangers, 15mm deep socket for clamps. A little penetrant is good for the first time taking them off, they're on real tight, like our factory oil filter.
It will be a adventure for me for sure. I'll probably end up callin my bud over to help me install em.. He did his H pipe but has the steeda mufflers.. I hate the fact that the system isn't an exact fit..
Old 06-24-2008, 04:31 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KevinB06gt

It will be a adventure for me for sure. I'll probably end up callin my bud over to help me install em.. He did his H pipe but has the steeda mufflers.. I hate the fact that the system isn't an exact fit..
You just need to bend the hanger for the passenger side pipe, it's not that hard to get the tips aligned. Getting the over axle pipes out was harder.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:27 AM
KevinB06gt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brad281

tacoBill's tutorial was real helpful as far as the tools needed, battery out,etc.
Where can i find this?
Old 06-25-2008, 03:15 PM
mont1987

Yes the installation is not that hard you will have a little trouble aligning the tips but nothing too hard, what is hard is getting out the stock over axle pipes out as moosestang said.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:15 PM
NewmanGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang
You just need to bend the hanger for the passenger side pipe, it's not that hard to get the tips aligned. Getting the over axle pipes out was harder.

[/quote]

+1 I have the pypes mid muffler, and the hardest part was taking out the old axle back pipes. Everything fit great but the passender side tip... $30 bucks at my local shop and they are alligned perfect. well worht it when the whole kit cost $199 shipped!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Once you fire it up, it will all be worth it, as the sound is sublime. I had mine installed professionally, and it took about 2 hours to do.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:33 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NewmanGT
+1 I have the pypes mid muffler, and the hardest part was taking out the old axle back pipes. Everything fit great but the passender side tip... $30 bucks at my local shop and they are alligned perfect. well worht it when the whole kit cost $199 shipped!
Where did you get it $200? I would like to get this setup as well! :-D

Last edited by acarzt; 08-29-2008 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:35 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

sorry guys, I broke my post :-( Feel free to delete this lol

Last edited by acarzt; 08-29-2008 at 06:38 AM. Reason: accidentally quoted the wrong thing

Quick Reply: Pypes Mid muffler Advice