Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Flowmaster or Pypes??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:54 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

I have Hooker LTs with FRPP off roard x pipe and flowmasers on a SC car and let me tell ya this set up is load as hell but if you are worried about a little drone and the sound being to raspy (I like it) then this is not for you if you plan on going SC but the flow sound good on NA cars by there self nice muscle sound.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:07 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Here is a link to my Baby with Flowmaster Axle Backs. Check my sig for mods.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=1S7GfbipgsY
Old 09-08-2008, 10:28 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

I'll sell you my flows 40series for $100 shipped or my JBAs for $150 shipped. Here is dyno video of my mustang w/flowmasters.
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=DSCF0356.flv
Old 09-08-2008, 11:06 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I have had 4 diff set ups and just ordered the pypes mufflers from summit last night , by far better sounding then the flows, flows are not agressive for the s197 at all. IMO
Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

There was a link on here a few days ago where someone had 40 series flows welded in to the middle. Basically his own mid muff system. They sounded freaking awesome. Too bad I didn't save the link. Now I have to drudge through the posts and try to find it again.

Anyway, this setup sounded 100000x better than the flow axle back kit.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:18 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
There was a link on here a few days ago where someone had 40 series flows welded in to the middle. Basically his own mid muff system. They sounded freaking awesome. Too bad I didn't save the link. Now I have to drudge through the posts and try to find it again.

Anyway, this setup sounded 100000x better than the flow axle back kit.
Id like to hear that. I just dont see there been any room, my car is ridign on sportlines, well not really there on ym shelf, so I just dont see it unless is touching the bottom of the car.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:02 AM
NewmanGT
1st Gear Member

There is such a wide variety of what people like and consider "awesome sounding"

I personally hate X-pipe sound, just doesn't remind me of a classic v8. However some swear by them.

I like the classic muscle car v8 sound, and so far the best way to get this is pypes mid muff. Recently this was posted in the forums, and IMO its one of the best sounding 05+ mustangs ive heard yet... http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...ust_147697.htm Im going to add a o/r prochamber to try and gain its deep sound.

listen to TONS of clips on you tube with a good speaker system before you choose. Find what YOU like, everyone is different and everyone is right in there own way. Except tin can 5" mufflers on the back of most any 4cyl lol
Old 09-09-2008, 01:13 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I am a fan of the flowmasters myself. Although alot of people say its quiet I like it. I can still be heard all the way down the block. DEf louder once broken in and alot deeper and more racous than stock.

The pypes sound too much like the SLP LMS(no mufflers) with resonators (exactly what they are haha). Not my style but alot of people swear by them
Old 09-09-2008, 01:26 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NewmanGT
There is such a wide variety of what people like and consider "awesome sounding"

I personally hate X-pipe sound, just doesn't remind me of a classic v8. However some swear by them.

I like the classic muscle car v8 sound, and so far the best way to get this is pypes mid muff. Recently this was posted in the forums, and IMO its one of the best sounding 05+ mustangs ive heard yet... http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...ust_147697.htm Im going to add a o/r prochamber to try and gain its deep sound.

listen to TONS of clips on you tube with a good speaker system before you choose. Find what YOU like, everyone is different and everyone is right in there own way. Except tin can 5" mufflers on the back of most any 4cyl lol
I have heard that vid before. At 2:08 that sound is ridiculous!!! Makes me wanna mut my off road pipes back on my prochamber. I have never ran offroad pipes with my mid muffler system.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:11 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

go pypes but be awre of possible fitment issues

Quick Reply: Flowmaster or Pypes??