Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang envy....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 03:49 PM
poplifedc

Default Mustang envy....

I rode the V-rod into work today in this horrid DC traffic. Splitting lanes (while traffic was stopped) to get to the front of the line I see a blue V-6 Mustang Vert with very dark tinted windows. It was about 3 cars from the front and knowing this was a long light I just stopped next to the mustang to admire it.

Then I see the front edge of the top open, then slowly go down. A beautiful older woman was driving and I got goose bumps. I pulled up next to her and told her thanks for making my day. It was almost as good as Bo Derek running out of the water many years ago.

After owning a '96 Corvette (which I still think is the sexiest Corvette shape) and a '99 Vette along with a host of other cars, the new Mustang is just calling my name.

However, I'm holding off until 2007. That will give Ford enough time to work out the first year bugs...if there are any). And the horror of getting my first new Ford ('97 F150) will be a distant memory. Then again perhaps not. I leased a '97 F150 the first couple of months they came out. About 7,000 miles later, the master brake cylinder went while I was approaching a very busy intersection. Thank goodness it was a 2 year lease. I turned the truck in after 22 months just to get away from it. Oh and for my troubles of having the truck in the shop for a month and a half to wait for parts of the assembly line, Ford gives me a pair of nice folding chairs with a carry bag. I returned it to Ford with a note saying, I'd rather sit on the grass the next time I get a brake down than sit in these chairs.

But time heals all wounds and this Mustang is like a breath of fresh air. Where GM is running away from their past, Ford is embracing it.

Make mine a triple back GT Vert.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:57 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang envy....

v-rods are nice man. love that bike
Old 05-17-2005, 04:15 PM
poplifedc

ORIGINAL: firemedix911

v-rods are nice man. love that bike

Thanks. At 6'3" and 180lbs, the V-Rod fits me like it was built for me. The new Mustang has the same effect on me as the V-Rod did when I first saw both of them. And the effect is (it looks fast and powerful just sitting still).
Old 05-17-2005, 04:26 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

LOL, did the car Mustang "make your day" or was it the woman?
Old 05-17-2005, 04:34 PM
poplifedc

ORIGINAL: SilverR1_04

LOL, did the car Mustang "make your day" or was it the woman?
It was both. However, I think if she was in an older SL500 or a BMW 330 or even a Volvo Vert, I wouldn't have even noticed her. It was the car that made me stop then when she put the top down, it just got better. Like looking at an "ok" woman at a resturante, then she gets up and walks towards you and you notice other...assets.

It's hard to explain. I felt like I was 15 again.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

From a fellow biker, let me say that if you have to spend some time in a cage each day, make it a ragtop, it's the next best thing to ridin' [8D]

'92 Sporty
'00 Buell
'92 Ninja
'82 CX 500 turbo
'73 CB750
Old 05-17-2005, 06:51 PM
poplifedc

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

From a fellow biker, let me say that if you have to spend some time in a cage each day, make it a ragtop, it's the next best thing to ridin' [8D]

'92 Sporty
'00 Buell
'92 Ninja
'82 CX 500 turbo
'73 CB750

Tres, after looking at your collection of scooters, I'd have to agree with you.
Whenever I go on vacation to warmer weather (Los Angeles or Miami) I always rent a convertible and it is usually a Mustang.

Hey, how do you like your Buell? I test rode one a few months after I bought the V-Rod. It was a tight fit but still fun to ride. I like the Buell's for its innovative designs. Very clever with the gas in the frame and oil in the swing arm.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:20 PM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

The 05 GT has done the same for me. I swore I'd never own another Ford because of the company's really crappy PR. I'd also had mechanics tell me Ford keeps them in business so I left Ford for almost ten years. I saw the new mustang, remembered that I'd wanted a mustang since I was 16, and put in an order. I've had a sonic blue GT for two weeks now and, at this point in time, I'd say all is forgiven.

Steve