Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Question about a X pipe

Old 09-16-2008, 04:35 PM
goldenglory18
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, you'll be fine. Get the car jacked up as high as you safely can and take your time.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Not1My1Fault
2nd Gear Member

also is it worth 400 dollars for those pipes?? i notcied the regular off raod was 224 but that dont ahve cats or nothing
Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Not1My1Fault
2nd Gear Member

do you all think it would just be better to buy a Mac or pypes Off Road X and switch them back to stock when i have to get it inspected? that way i save like 200 dollars instad of going with that Mustang GT Bassani Catted / Off Road Modular X-pipe (05-08) i really like the sound thay make with the Mac axle back
Old 09-16-2008, 10:22 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Catted X-pipes made by Bassani, Magnaflow, Pypes.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:36 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Get the pypes o/r X and just swap the stock midpipe on for inspection....I heard the catted/uncatted systems are a PITA and you may as well just swap it out anyways rather then dick around with the bassani cats/no cats sytem...Plus its alot cheaper. Also whoever posted about the MIL eliminators, they are illegal to sell now and can be found nowhere so a tuner is your only option. Make sure you take clips of this setup and post them! There are very little amounts of clips on the web for this setup.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Embalmer
1st Gear Member

I recently installed FRPP shorty headers and Pypes off road X pipe before my Pypes mid-muffler setup. It's a crappy short video, but here it is:

At idle:

Revving up:
Old 09-17-2008, 12:53 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

How do you like those FRPP shorties? I see you used the locking header bolts. Nice! I want shorty headers, but I am wondering which brand to get...FRPP, JBA, BBK, and I will have to dedicate a lot of time to installation because I really don't want to pay a shop $400 to do it.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Embalmer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
How do you like those FRPP shorties? I see you used the locking header bolts. Nice! I want shorty headers, but I am wondering which brand to get...FRPP, JBA, BBK, and I will have to dedicate a lot of time to installation because I really don't want to pay a shop $400 to do it.
The installation can be done in a weekend pretty easily if you have the right tools and a friend to help. I had my stock H-pipe off and headers removed in a few hours. I can'y specifically if the headers helped, but combine them and the catless X-pipe and it was good for 17rwhp. If you get the Stage 8 bolts, be sure and get the ones for 3v headers. The kit I got said Ford 4.6 but it is only for 2v motors. The bottom flags won't reach the pipes to lock on, so I emailed Stage 8 and the sent me the right ones.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:40 PM
offthewall158
1st Gear Member

you cant beat the sound of an o/r x-pipe on a mustang, not to mention the performance. i have a upr catless x-pipe on my 02 GT and what i did to keep the ses light from coming on is got a set of spark plug couplers and drilled them out so that the o2 sensors could screw into them, and then screwed the couplers with the o2 sensors into the x-pipe. all this does is pull the o2 sensors out of the exhaust flow which will keep your ses light from coming on. you can get the couplers from any auto parts store for about $4 and i can get you a specific part number if you need it. you only need two for the rear two o2 sensors. this isnt the easiest way but its definately the cheapest. the only other way i know of to keep the ses light from coming on is to get a set of mil elliminators but theyre about $60.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:40 PM
DLZ314
2nd Gear Member

OffTheWall, man how did you even come across this thread?

Sidenote, our 3v's don't sound nearly as good as your 2v does...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about a X pipe