Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tips for "Aluminator"

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Okay, well if you dont already have it you will need the 8.8 axle with that much power. Also why do you want to convert to a manual? Autos are the king of racing consistancy with power like that, if drag strip is your style. Personally i go sometimes to the drag strip but i like to drive on streets more so i went with a tremec 6060 6speed as i find it a lot more fun, just a thought depending on what your end goals are.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

clutch/flywheel ~ avg $600
gt500 fuel pump~ $700
spark plugs and fuel injectors ~$440
1 piece driveshaft that can handle the power $500-700
tires to actually put the power to the ground ~ $425
Aftermarket heat exchanger ~ $425
Aftermarket lower control arms ~$200
Engine + Supercharger / Turbo + Transmission Swap ~ $ Just depends on what you go

This is just stuff off the top of my head and prices from what i can remember.

Edit
Forgot
Price of whatever exhaust you want Long tube headers and new mid pipe ~ avg $700-1400

Last edited by Hufenstang; 09-18-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:48 PM
allaflhollows

Originally Posted by Hufenstang
clutch/flywheel ~ avg $600
gt500 fuel pump~ $700
spark plugs and fuel injectors ~$440
1 piece driveshaft that can handle the power $500-700
tires to actually put the power to the ground ~ $425
Aftermarket heat exchanger ~ $425
Aftermarket lower control arms ~$200
Engine + Supercharger / Turbo + Transmission Swap ~ $ Just depends on what you go

This is just stuff off the top of my head and prices from what i can remember.

Edit
Forgot
Price of whatever exhaust you want Long tube headers and new mid pipe ~ avg $700-1400
I'll probably spend about $12000 on the Engine/Trans/Supercharger.

This is gonna be a huge project for me, loan agency here I come!

Also I'm going with a manual because its just fun and you actually drive the car and not sit a long for the ride. I really hate that I can't do that right now.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Im not sure what the cheapest you can find the Aluminator for but the cheapest i have heard of people getting it is $3999 im not sure if that special is still going on or not though. Even at that unless your just going to get the manual out of a gt its going to be hard to stay under 12 grand. $4000 engine + at minimum fuel pump/spark plugs/injectors ($1100) will leave you with about 7 grand to buy a supercharger and a transmission.

I very much agree with you about manuals, i get bored when i drive autos =\
Old 09-18-2008, 09:56 PM
allaflhollows

Well I can get a Trans for about 1000 and the RoushCharger for 5000. Don't forget all of the plants and factories are right by me. If I wanted to I could have them install it.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

What transmission? The manual on the gts are rated at only 360lb torque. Im pushing power like you are going for and it broke pretty easily so just a heads up.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:04 PM
allaflhollows

Touche' I guess I'll have to look a little more pricey then.

I was looking around and only found some that go up to 440lbs./ft, which is bad seeing the miniumum I could have with the TVS2300 is 510lbs./ft.

Last edited by allaflhollows; 09-18-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:12 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Why supercharge it with a roush? That like putting lipstick.......... err I'd look into a f1 or turbo. Also the aluminator is a good block but as stated before the livernois or even MMR is better. Not to bust your ***** but frpp does a good job, but aftermarket will build it stronger. Also, if money isnt a problem then why joke about a loan? The DOHC motor is stout but the wiring harness required and ecu will give you fits. Whenever you drop a motor in a car that doesn't belong there you will spend more than someone that is going with a "spec' motor.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 PM
allaflhollows

Originally Posted by blueherd02gt
Why supercharge it with a roush? That like putting lipstick.......... err I'd look into a f1 or turbo. Also the aluminator is a good block but as stated before the livernois or even MMR is better. Not to bust your ***** but frpp does a good job, but aftermarket will build it stronger. Also, if money isnt a problem then why joke about a loan? The DOHC motor is stout but the wiring harness required and ecu will give you fits. Whenever you drop a motor in a car that doesn't belong there you will spend more than someone that is going with a "spec' motor.
I'm a stubborn *******, I can get the block for way cheaper and its just what I like. The loan was a joke, I work 24/7 almost and I'm lucky to even be on here right now. Also, the DOHC was basically made for this type of project. Sorry, I know I'm an ******* but, I just wanna keep it all Roush and Ford Racing to prove to the drifting community that all American part can kick ***. Yes, I know it has already been proven but, I want to grind it in.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Yep, i have to agree with the others, the aluminator would not be my first choice.
And for 700hp i wouldn't even consider Roush.

If you want to take the Aluminator Drift car as an example, why not use the same Whipple Supercharger they use? The Ford Racing Whipple kit is one of the few kits from them i'd consider buying from FR.

Dont forget the other needed parts for building a 700hp beast, suspension,brakes, a rollcage perhaps lol

Quick Reply: Tips for "Aluminator"