Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Scrape on plastic

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 05:33 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Default Scrape on plastic

Hey all,

I have 2 type of scratches on my new GT and need advise as to what might be the options, ie - either some kinda cleaner or other solution?!?

First one is one steering wheel - the metal part, i scraped it with my wedding ring (knew I shouldnt have got married).....any advise on what to do?

Also - the back part of the armrest has a very small scratch and also in the trunk on a small part of the black plastic.....this happened yesterday as I got my Flowmasters installed and brought the old mufflers back in trunk which caused the darn scratch! Anyway - anything I go put on it to dull the scratch or anything?? I live in the UK these days but we do get Meguiers and other stuff which is available in US!

Nick
Old 05-19-2005, 01:45 PM
ukstang05
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Scrape on plastic

Nick where did you get thw flowmasters.. I just brought 1k's of tuning stuff allready and its not even 2 weeks old!
Old 05-19-2005, 02:00 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

I forgot your damn name already sorry buddy!?

As for where I bought - I bought them from a guy on eBay and got them sent over, I personally would NEVER buy anything this side of the pond as its 'Rip Off Britain' as I call it.....can find out his details for ya if you want....I am also thinking of getting an X Pipe but I need to know which will be the best for an increase in HP......did post that question but no answers as yet - when I buy an X Pipe I will no doubt go back onto eBay and find somebody to send the item over!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:40 PM
ukstang05
1st Gear Member

Curious as there is the odd bargain here (cough cough)

I've ordered those parts i posted the other day including the C&L CAI System and then the predator box thingy. Some pipes would be good but they are a little to big to bring back as luggage when i'm next over the pond.

See my other post about TOTAL being the only garage to fill the stangs up over here (2pm position on the pump).

Where are you going to get yours serviced as there is a complete lack of skill of cars over here (well cars like ours). The only place is that Baeur place in Manchester that sell Hummer H2's for 70k GBP...

Cheers

T
Old 05-20-2005, 05:04 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ukstang05

Where are you going to get yours serviced as there is a complete lack of skill of cars over here (well cars like ours). The only place is that Baeur place in Manchester that sell Hummer H2's for 70k GBP...
There are alot of places that can service it - so many places selling American imports now its unreal.......the biggest is obviously American car Imports somewhere near London but lots of others.....I am getting mine services at the Ford Dealer which is around a minute from my house - Atlantic Sports Cars who sold me mine told me to take it to Ford, I have already called them and they can service it - mine will be at 6 months so another 4 months yet!

Hummer 2's for 70K - thats disgusting....makes me sick - this is my last import being bought through a dealer/company as I am importing all my own cars from now on......dont forget that if you can document that you have owned it for 6 months (insurance documentation, etc) prior to it entering the UK then you avoid 10% duty and 17.5 VAT.....just a point I thought I would make as you have an address, etc all set up near Tampa..............