Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tune that changes A/T down shift sensitivity

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I believe Level 10 makes a custom tune (through an SCT) that address the tranny specifically and its programming. I have not clue if you can be loaded on top of a regular tune or if it's all incorporated. I would think it's a piggy back program since the tranny has it's own computer.
http://www.levelten.com/store/ford_c.htm
Old 10-10-2008, 05:18 PM
paulsoo217
1st Gear Member

$700!!! for the Level 10 programmer!!??!?!?!
Old 10-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
It wasn't when I tried about a month ago, of course things could have changed since then. But I also have a lot of miles on mine which hurt the value. I found for me a swap would be MUCH MUCH cheaper, which normally isn't case.

I agree on the thought of should have got a manual the first time. Live and learn.
I got the '09 for $23,500 which was pretty impressive. My '07 only had like 7200 miles on it after nearly 2 years of ownership and it was a total garage queen, so I got a pretty good trade-in value for it. That definitely helped...
Old 10-11-2008, 12:08 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
I got the '09 for $23,500 which was pretty impressive. My '07 only had like 7200 miles on it after nearly 2 years of ownership and it was a total garage queen, so I got a pretty good trade-in value for it. That definitely helped...
Wow! They sure ain't giving them away in NJ. You can't touch an '09 GT, even deluxe for under 28 -29k. Jeez, those are V6 prices here!!!

I have an auto, all that was left on the lot in 06, so I could only afford to make a deal on it. At the time, they wouldn't budge a penny on the sticker price, so it was a deal on a leftover '06 Mustang GT, or no Mustang at all, so I had no choice, better an auto Stang than none!

I wanted to trade in, but now my car w/ 22k miles isn't worth much, no one budges on '09 prices, and I still owe 14k on my present car doesn't leave me much for a down payment, so I'm done!!! I'd take too much of a loss, I'm not that desperate to have a stick.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:19 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Same situation for me as JimsGT. Auto is all they had left at the time! At least in the colors that I wanted. Since I had about 42K miles at the time I was looking to trade (I have like 1 or 2 K more now) the value was very hurt by that. Plus all the 08's I was looking at (which had the deals) were all 30K+ with options I didn't want. So I would have taken about a 10K loss. But, I was also only interested in the premium model like I have now. So that didn't help.

I want a stick, but I sure as heck won't take a loss like that! I can swap for a couple K which sounds a lot better.

It's amazing they sold an 09 for that low. I'm guessing it is NOT a premium and has no extra options?
Old 10-12-2008, 03:16 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

then hopefully someone will buy your old transmission
Old 10-12-2008, 03:00 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Yeah that would help.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Shadofax

I am in the same boat as all of you I wish I would of got a stick..... but can any one fill me in on the tranny swap for a few grand? Does any one sell a kit or something that way you can get all required parts and how about the PCM would that need to be changed out as well?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:34 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

AMP Performance sells the kit for about $4K but that's with a used tranny. You can get by with half that by buying the parts yourself.

Check this site out: http://www.geocities.com/anthony05gt/PartsList.html

You can get good deals at sites like newtakeoff.com, newfordparts.com, etc...
Old 10-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
I put a Bama 91 Race tune on the 07 auto which helped dramatically with making the car sensitive to throttle input, and subsequently shifting. I still got tired of the auto and traded it in a couple weeks ago however. I should have bought a manual to begin with. :\ I considered the tranny swap, but Ford is giving these things away right now and it was cheaper just to trade the car and get a new one.

lol.. the funny thing people don't realize is that there is no good time to buy a new car when you have one to trade. If they are selling the new ones cheaper that only means the entire market is adjusting downward... selling new cheap=trade worth less. But hey so long as you think you got a good deal thats all that matters..

As far as addressing the tranny question...A tune will certainly change your trannys attitude. When I'm crusing through town my tranny will literally hold the gear it's in so long as I'm slightly accellerating. If I let off the throttle it will upshift but once I get back in the throttle it will instantly drop back into the lower gear again. I have a brenspeed tune.
It also barks the tires while shifting from 1-2 and then again from 2-3 but that one depends on the amount of fuel and the number of people in the car.

Quick Reply: Tune that changes A/T down shift sensitivity