Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

STEEDA PULLEYS

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:52 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Default STEEDA PULLEYS

Has anybody had the pulleys replaced on there GT I am thinking about having them changed when I have my Steeda CAI and SCT tuner installed at dyno shop on friday.If you have please give me some feedback on what you thank of the pulley swap out.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:33 PM
MackinMike

Default RE: STEEDA PULLEYS

Dont get them if you plan on putting a SC or TT.. or even a high end sound system
Old 05-25-2005, 03:50 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

Has anybody had the pulleys replaced on there GT I am thinking about having them changed when I have my Steeda CAI and SCT tuner installed at dyno shop on friday.If you have please give me some feedback on what you thank of the pulley swap out.
They may give you 3 to 8 hp gains. Not to hard to put on if you have the proper tools. Seems that the puller from previous years is not adequate, so you may want to read through the boards a bit to get familiar with the process. Or you can download some installation instructions from most of the sites first.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Z_GT

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

Just put my pulleys on over Memorial Day. I love them! I won't lie, it was a challenge to install them myslef, but deffinatly worth it.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:26 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I've got a set and just have not had the time to install them. It's pretty high on my need to get done list.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:39 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Yes we thinkt he pulleys are worth it. I run them on my own 05 GT and love them. Not that the pulleys were 100% to blame but I went from 12.8@105 to 12.6@107 after installing the pulleys. My short time was a bit better and the air was pretty close both days. I dont think the pulleys were the entire reason for the improved ET but they did help. If you need a set we have them in stock.

Have fun! Sounds like you are heading down the right track with your car.

Old 06-01-2005, 04:17 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: BRENSPEED

Yes we thinkt he pulleys are worth it. I run them on my own 05 GT and love them. Not that the pulleys were 100% to blame but I went from 12.8@105 to 12.6@107 after installing the pulleys. My short time was a bit better and the air was pretty close both days. I dont think the pulleys were the entire reason for the improved ET but they did help. If you need a set we have them in stock.

Have fun! Sounds like you are heading down the right track with your car.

Yes they were 100% responsible for the .2 second and 3mph difference! Don't try to convence us otherwise darnit ( or at least that is how I am going to justify the price to myself!! )
Old 06-01-2005, 04:19 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

But the real question is... how to get down to 12.8 in the first place!
Old 06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Now that my friend I can answer.

To get to 12.80 I used ET street tires for maximum traction, I tuned it with our X-calibrator, C&L intake kit, and a set of Mac mufflers. That is it. Oh yah, I took out the spare tire. The biggest gains were from the X-calibrator and C&L.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:28 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

Brent,
If I buy the X-calibrator and C&L intake kit from you, will it have the same tune on it? What octane fuel are you running?

Quick Reply: STEEDA PULLEYS