Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed Vortech V3 Kit

Old 10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hufenstang
mudflap, you could get the saleen s/c and just run it at 4psi ~ 400rwhp. Its intercooled and very efficent(Sp?) Im in houston and i can tell you first hand that i lose about 55rwhp and i HAVE an intercooler. I cant imagine what it would be like without it on these cars.
Cool, thats good to know. I may wind up just doing that in the long run... get an intercooled ????? kit and have the local shop dial it back to my desired power level. I know this is a foreign concept around here where more is better, but 400~ whp or so should make for a fun car without worrying too much about replacing everything. I still suspect the Roushcharger right out of the box might be the closest to what I'm looking for... butI'll consider the Vortech, it looks real nice...
Old 10-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

i didn't realize the one they're releasing is like the supershaker, i thought it used a regular intake like the regular saleen s/c's...
Old 10-28-2008, 04:10 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

Also, If I were to stay at 400rwhp and nothing more I would get a twinscrew. I think at that power level traction is not too much of an issue...
Old 10-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I would actually prefer a centri setup for the characteristics of it, but the twin screw packages are nice and clean. I'm glad I gave myself a few months to think about it, because I can't seem to make a decision.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

I just saw this kit last night and it's definitely got me thinking. I'm glad someone else started a post about it b/c if they didn't I was going to. Subscribing...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah if anyone else has any feedback, that would be cool. Also, if any of you Vortech guys can describe how the car runs/feels, I'd appreciate it.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:10 PM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

+1 on anybody with experience on the this kit or any other non-intercooled paxton or vortech. Because I know brenspeed had a non-intercooled paxton kit that came with delete plates for around $4k that was advertised as putting out the same hp. $$ is an issue for me and so I have to leave some cash on the table for any minor breakage. And I would like to upgrade next year. I was thinking about getting this with my 08 xmas bonus then upgrade next xmas. anyway I am curious as to how much hp could be typically lost from the heat soak. I personally believe this kit is safe, as I don't believe brenspeed nor VORTECH would sell a kit designed for a 100% stock car that would blow your engine. Plus Vortech says they will warranty your drivetrain.
I think 150rwhp is a great deal for $3800.00.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

"anyway I am curious as to how much hp could be typically lost from the heat soak."

I tested this on my car in houston texas heat, i dynoed then let the car sit for an hour and went and got lunch. I then went on the highway and got on it about 4 times through the gears. Exited the highway and got back to the shop within 2 minutes, we put it right on the dyno and it was a 49rwhp loss by the time we hooked the straps and o2 sensor up.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:52 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
I would actually prefer a centri setup for the characteristics of it, but the twin screw packages are nice and clean. I'm glad I gave myself a few months to think about it, because I can't seem to make a decision.
Yeah, i'd prefer a centri aswell. I don't know what I was thinking..lol
Old 10-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I'm still not convinced the heat soak would affect me too much. The car is a weekend toy and I only drive it once/twice a week. If its very hot outside during the day and I do happen to be driving it, I don't even push it hard in relatively stock form. In the summer I'd be most likely to be out after dark, and the rest of the year should be somewhat less of an issue (its been 75 here high lately). I need to do more research I guess. The kit is appealing at the price point, and the power gain is exactly what I'm looking for. I suppose I could always have it installed, then if heat does become a problem, I can go ahead and add-on the cooling. Thats the point of the kit after all...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brenspeed Vortech V3 Kit