Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed Vortech V3 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Connie07

Originally Posted by Mudflap
The Brenspeed kit kit comes with Brisk plugs I believe. I may upgrade to the aftercooler later, or possibly do one of the Snow Performance water/meth kits, but I'd like to see how the car is first. I've got the 3.31 granny gears right now as well, so some 3.73's or 4.10's would be something else I can do to get another kick in the pants. As for now, I'm going to be $5000 lighter after this is over, so that will have to suffice for a little while. I'd still like to add a CDC shaker at some point too. Oh well, another mod for another day.
Once you get everything installed, you think you can post a text-box picture describing major components of the kit and what if any mods they had to do to the engine bay/parts to make room/install the kit?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Connie07
Once you get everything installed, you think you can post a text-box picture describing major components of the kit and what if any mods they had to do to the engine bay/parts to make room/install the kit?
Yeah sure I'll post pictures and everything. I believe I am dropping the car off on the 27th, I just need to confirm that with the shop. I should have it back before New Years hopefully. I don't think there is any major work involved with the standard kit. The components from Brenspeed are:

- Vortech V3 S trim supercharger
- Ford Racing 39lb injectors
- Brisk spark plugs
- Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
- Intake Air Temp relocation kit
- SCT X3 programmer with Brenspeed's tune
Old 12-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Awesome Mudflap. Can't wait to hear about the results!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:21 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Yeah sure I'll post pictures and everything. I believe I am dropping the car off on the 27th, I just need to confirm that with the shop. I should have it back before New Years hopefully. I don't think there is any major work involved with the standard kit. The components from Brenspeed are:

- Vortech V3 S trim supercharger
- Ford Racing 39lb injectors
- Brisk spark plugs
- Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
- Intake Air Temp relocation kit
- SCT X3 programmer with Brenspeed's tune
best of luck! let us know what the final cost comes to! I'm very curious to see how close to the advertised price (and $650 install) it ends up at.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:12 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405
I think this is a great kit for some one who wants a centri, and wants the ability to upgrade as $$ allows.

Heat soak will be a problem but the tune should pull timing so it wont hurt the motor. My guess is that you would get around 375rwhp. When you get another $2k to upgrade to the aftercooler you should be able to push around 460rwhp safely.

Now if you are 90% sure you want a twin screw and just want to get it because it is cheaper I would recommned you wait for what you really want.

I have a feeling this kit will be very popular though.
looks like a kit that would be okay for spirited driving and a few races here and there...but back to back runs would definetly be asking for heat soak.

Personally, gonna just wait for a whipple H.O. kit.

(-:
Old 12-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

The install is gonna run around $1000 which includes 3 dyno pulls and the installation of my wideband bung, so the total is going to be around 5 grand.

This car is a toy and driven once a week. I don't street race and I don't take it to the track, so this kit should be more than enough to make for a fun street car. If I decide I want more, I'll just spring for the aftercooler probably. I did a bunch of research, and I just don't believe that heatsoak is going to be a problem for me. I don't beat the car repeatedly off every stoplight, and I'm not making passes at the racetrack every few minutes. I really felt that any other HO kit was going to be overkill for me, and more money than needed to be spent.

I wanted a Procharger, but the 3 quotes I got were ranging from $6500 - $7600. I just couldn't justify it... I've already spent $600 on gauges, lol. And I'll likely need tires and suspension parts eventually too.

Last edited by Mudflap; 12-04-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:34 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I am looking for around 400~ rwhp. While I CAN spend 7 grand, it doesn't necessarily mean I NEED to..
Ditto..

I spend WAY too much money on the little things here and there and it always seems to drill a hole right in my wallet.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:49 PM
DLZ314
2nd Gear Member

I see its been about two months since this discussion's last activity. Any news Mudflap? I'm looking at about the same goals you had and would love to know how/where you went with your choice....
Old 02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DLZ314
I see its been about two months since this discussion's last activity. Any news Mudflap? I'm looking at about the same goals you had and would love to know how/where you went with your choice....
Go here to see his results... very nice!

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...nd-videos.html
Old 02-18-2009, 09:32 PM
hypersurf1
2nd Gear Member

Great choice of Blower. I am sure you will love it. If I could do it again I would go with the non IC blower. The 2200 puts out too much HP I think for the block. I have pulled timing out of mine and still cringe when i get on it.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed Vortech V3 Kit