Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

how to make louder

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 03:07 AM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default how to make louder

i just got a new 2005 mustang gt, and what i want to do is make it louder but im exactly sure what to do myself, couldanyone help me out with this? i just want it have more "meaner" and louder sound if you know what i mean. any help appreciated, thanks.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:27 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: how to make louder

SLP Loudmouth exhaust... that ought to wake the neighbors!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:25 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Unless you want it very loud inside the car then I wouldnt go for the SLP Loudmouth......I went for the Flowermaster American Thunder and they are awesome - real good growl to the sound and not too noisy inside the car either.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Louder?

Get one of those annoying whistler things the Hood boyz are putting on in southern California!

Sorry - -- couldn't resist.

I wonder how a good old fashioned set of Thrush Bullitt Glasspacks would sound on an 05'.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:35 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Louder?

Get one of those annoying whistler things the Hood boyz are putting on in southern California!

Sorry - -- couldn't resist.

I wonder how a good old fashioned set of Thrush Bullitt Glasspacks would sound on an 05'.
Woowoo!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 01:54 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nickbrace

Unless you want it very loud inside the car then I wouldnt go for the SLP Loudmouth......I went for the Flowermaster American Thunder and they are awesome - real good growl to the sound and not too noisy inside the car either.
Actually, I didn't order the Loudmouths, either. I ordered the SLP Power-Flo Axle-back Exhaust system. It's supposed to arrive today. I just hope I like the sound... I'll know by this weekend.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:13 PM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

MORE SOUND.....CANT GO WRONG WITH I/H/E (INTAKE, HEADERS, EXHAUST) MORE AI IN MORE AIR OUT MORE NOISE MORE HORSEPOWER

Old 06-02-2005, 02:18 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: don_w

Actually, I didn't order the Loudmouths, either. I ordered the SLP Power-Flo Axle-back Exhaust system. It's supposed to arrive today. I just hope I like the sound... I'll know by this weekend.

FINALLY!! So you are going to be the one that can actually answer the question about the difference between the loudmouths and the power-flo. That camera you use so much have a "record" feature? You absolutely need to post a sound clip.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:30 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

FINALLY!! So you are going to be the one that can actually answer the question about the difference between the loudmouths and the power-flo. That camera you use so much have a "record" feature? You absolutely need to post a sound clip.
Yep... my little Sony cam can make short mpegs... not stellar quality, but do-able. I'll post a clip if someone can direct me to a free hosting site... never done that before.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:27 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

If it is less than 10mb, email it to me and I can put it out on the www for you and give you a link to bring it up with.

OK, editing because that might not have come out right. I can host pretty much any size, the 10mb limit was for my incoming email size.

Quick Reply: how to make louder