Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

re: 16 yr. old kid w/ 05 gt

Old 06-09-2005, 12:19 AM
capin

Default RE: re: 16 yr. old kid w/ 05 gt

Its fine that a 16 year old gets a mustang GT... hell a Saleen if their parents are willing to spend it.

It just tickles my fancy when they come onto the forums flaunting 'IM 16 AND I HAVE A MUSTANG GT NEENER NEENER NEENER NEE NER!!!'

Ouuuuuu makes me wanna [sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 06-09-2005, 12:59 AM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

Romper Room this way>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>
Old 06-09-2005, 03:44 AM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

And wrecked it right after you got it, something about the weather made you do it:
https://mustangforums.com/m_462869/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

You make the point for us.

ORIGINAL: Spencer069

im 17 with 05 gt[sm=smiley24.gif]
Old 06-09-2005, 05:27 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: welshstar

can we please give up on the 16 thing

its getting very old
I second that!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 08:16 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nickbrace

ORIGINAL: welshstar

can we please give up on the 16 thing

its getting very old
I second that!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you guy's do not have near as many teens driving cars like the GT IN England.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:05 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

RICVA05 - I would agree with that for sure....the driving age is older - 17 with supervision and 18 on a 'full licence' to drive on your own, etc....this helps yeh! Also, the kids are not 'generally' as spoilt here although obviously there are exceptions to that rule, hence most 17/18 year olds are driving older and smaller cars due to cost/insurance, etc! I grew up your side of the pond though and none of my friends were ever bought a brand new GT, most of my buddies got Dad's old car or a second hand car or something like that.

Incidently - the whole age issue cracks me up as obviously some dont think 16 year old should be driving such a fast car.....my problem is with old drivers, hehe......I lived in Florida for many years and one of the problems there are 80 year olds in big *** cars - I was in Clearwater a few weeks ago and saw this little old granny and she was soooo stretching to see over the steering wheel, it was funny as hell but also dangerous!
Old 06-09-2005, 09:12 AM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

Stevie,
Whats getting old is the self righteous people on here.

Im 40 so im not interested in being older thanks

Im just fed up with narrow minded people deciding whats good for someone else

Mrbmp, you are definetly the worse on one hand you preach about not letting a 16 year old have a mustang and on another thread your advising people how to avoid wearing a seat belt !!

Steve
I am with the majority here on saying a 16 yo does dot have the experience needed to drive a hi performance car safely.
Why do YOU have a problem with that?

and stevie, WE are fed up with YOU.
I have several PM's tellling me what a jerk you are.

Below is the post you are refering to from another thread.
==Who said I was driving without a seatbelt?
It dings when the vehicle is running and I am not in it, so I push the button to stop it.
(while working on it, listening to the radio etc...)
Moron....==

Old 06-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Spencer069
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: showam1

And wrecked it right after you got it, something about the weather made you do it:

Dont u have something better to do right now?

well since your soooooooooo interested in me ill rub it in your face a litttle more. YES i am 17. YES i drive a Fully loaded 05 gt( i bet you never had this nice of a car at 17 b/c ur obviously jelous), and yep i even had a minor wreck(After over 2 years without a ticket or wreck), furthermore, YES i got it fixed, and paid MY MONEY (not 0.01 insurance or parents ) and actually they wreck was during a HAIL storm in which i was trying to get home asap.... i was on my street. the brakes locked up and i hit a stop sign, not much damage however. its not like i was being a jackass and showing off and spun out or was racing or anything......and it wasnt the 300HP, it was the ABS i guess you could say, i wasnt quite used to ABS as my first car was and 03 ion and had no options (including no ABS).
Now, why do you people care so much? If my parents have the money to buy a nice car... shouldnt they? it fit well into the budget, and i paid 3000 of my cash, along with trading in my 7700$ car. Its also my graduation present along with birthday this year. Im sorry that some people on here are jelous that they had to work 10 years at a office to afford their car, but what can i say..? my parents have been lucky to be able to buy nice things, should they not for me? I never once got on here and said "hey i have a 05 gt and im only 17, in ur face. all i said was a reply to the first topic that, i was in a similar boat with the 16 year old.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:02 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: showam1

Dont u have something better to do right now?

well since your soooooooooo interested in me ill rub it in your face a litttle more. YES i am 17. YES i drive a Fully loaded 05 gt( i bet you never had this nice of a car at 17 b/c ur obviously jelous), and yep i even had a minor wreck(After over 2 years without a ticket or wreck), furthermore, YES i got it fixed, and paid MY MONEY (not 0.01 insurance or parents ) and actually they wreck was during a HAIL storm in which i was trying to get home asap.... i was on my street. the brakes locked up and i hit a stop sign, not much damage however. its not like i was being a jackass and showing off and spun out or was racing or anything......and it wasnt the 300HP, it was the ABS i guess you could say, i wasnt quite used to ABS as my first car was and 03 ion and had no options (including no ABS).
Now, why do you people care so much? If my parents have the money to buy a nice car... shouldnt they? it fit well into the budget, and i paid 3000 of my cash, along with trading in my 7700$ car. Its also my graduation present along with birthday this year.

Since you are so uninformed I will help you out, my second car, when I was 17 was just as fast if not faster than the GT, I built it with help of my brother. I had a deep respect for that car, and drove it in the ohio winters... never wrecked it because I would have had to fix it.
ABS would only have helped you, not caused the wreck, you were out of control, reguardles of the reason. some of us had to drive in winter all the time, it was part of life, once again, you failed to be able to control you're car.
As for the money, I bet the car you sold for 7700 was also given to you, as it seems you get things you don't earn, I doubt the pattern was somehow different then.
You're parents are free to spend their money how they please, as am I to express my opinion of how foolish it is to give you that car, without any elbow grease of you're own. It will be in the grave long before it's time, I just hope you won't end up there with it.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:38 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nickbrace

RICVA05 - I would agree with that for sure....the driving age is older - 17 with supervision and 18 on a 'full licence' to drive on your own, etc....this helps yeh! Also, the kids are not 'generally' as spoilt here although obviously there are exceptions to that rule, hence most 17/18 year olds are driving older and smaller cars due to cost/insurance, etc! I grew up your side of the pond though and none of my friends were ever bought a brand new GT, most of my buddies got Dad's old car or a second hand car or something like that.

Incidently - the whole age issue cracks me up as obviously some dont think 16 year old should be driving such a fast car.....my problem is with old drivers, hehe......I lived in Florida for many years and one of the problems there are 80 year olds in big *** cars - I was in Clearwater a few weeks ago and saw this little old granny and she was soooo stretching to see over the steering wheel, it was funny as hell but also dangerous!
I agree with the older folk, their wrecks seem to happen at about 25 mph
The nation ought to make them take a yearly drivers test after a certain age, it is just too dangerous with them out there.
I worked 13 years in a E/R trauma center, those old folks cause a path of destruction out there.
We once had one run over a bicyclist, dragged her under the car for 1 block, the only reason she stopped is because she thought "the engine fell out" scary stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: re: 16 yr. old kid w/ 05 gt