Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

re: 16 yr. old kid w/ 05 gt

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 07:39 PM
budgy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: re: 16 yr. old kid w/ 05 gt

ok wow, i post one thing telling the guy to slow down till he learns what the hell he is doing and i get people disecting my posts becuase I said I make risks (calculated risks, and so far no consequences becuase I am careful). I never made a claim that I am a perfect driver, my whole point was that a car like the mustang is a lot of car to handle, its not a good beginner car.

Right now I drive a mazda 3 with really sticky tires, its almost a full 1000 pounds less than a mustang GT and its severely underpowered not too mention it understeers instead of oversteering, it is a good car for a beginner like me. Becuase even if I take a corner too fast initially the car just understeers and a simple tap of the brakes will bring it back into control quite instantly, and on the wide open roads I drive fast on theres more than enough time to fix a mistake. My whole point is that a GT is not an easy car to drive fast, lots of weight to pull it off its course, doesnt brake as well, doesnt respond to steering inputs as quickly, and is prone to oversteer if you mash the throttle too hard as opposed to what I drive right now if I enter a corner and then hit the gas all I do is understeer slightly. When I get a GT im probably gonna drive a lot slower around corners than what I do in my Mazda becuase I know that its a harder car to drive fast. [8D]