Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone w/ C&L and Predator

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 04:17 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone w/ C&L and Predator

If you havn't already, get the new update for your tuner from Diablo Sport. It's called "r16 removal of factory HP tune" and it makes a world of difference. The improved throttle response is apparent immediately and the the car pulls noticeably harder throughout the rpm range than with the original C&L MAF tune. This tune can only be used on the Predators that boot up with the C&L logo. Also the shifts during normal driving (with manual) seem to be much smoother, I think because the rpms are dropping much quicker when I apply the clutch....unlike before when they would stay relativly high for what seemed like too long.

PS: DSP wouldn't really tell me what the tune was supposed to do over the original one so I figured I'd let you all know what it did on mine.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:15 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Anyone w/ C&L and Predator

when I was on their site last week, they were up to r21 I thought???
Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: don_w

when I was on their site last week, they were up to r21 I thought???
Nope, r16. r21 is for a supercharger. This is for people with a C&L intake and Predators that boot with the C&L logo.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:50 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

Nope, r16. r21 is for a supercharger. This is for people with a C&L intake and Predators that boot with the C&L logo.
OK, then the difference is the "C&L Logo" boot (not that it's for a SC)... I missed that detail in your first post. Your thread title didn't make the distinction either [Anyone w/ C&L and Predator].

Just so everyone is clear, I don't think r21 is for a SC. If your Predator boots with the "DiabloSport logo", you need r21 (not r16)... per Diablo's website: "Current revision for the Predator 2005 Mustang GT (part no. U7140) is r21. It is displayed on the main menu of all newer Predators."

Old 06-10-2005, 09:12 PM
flyingt
2nd Gear Member

thanks don_w.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:01 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

OK, then the difference is the "C&L Logo" boot (not that it's for a SC)... I missed that detail in your first post. Your thread title didn't make the distinction either [Anyone w/ C&L and Predator].

Just so everyone is clear, I don't think r21 is for a SC. If your Predator boots with the "DiabloSport logo", you need r21 (not r16)... per Diablo's website: "Current revision for the Predator 2005 Mustang GT (part no. U7140) is r21. It is displayed on the main menu of all newer Predators."

WTF are you talking about??? Yes the difference is the C&L logo because if you have a C&L intake and a Predator (like the thread title states) and it boots with the C&L logo you can use the tune. If not it won't download into your Predator. Also, if you have a SC then you don't have a C&L intake. I don't know where you got your info from but here is the link I'm using and r21 is only for Predators that boot up with a SUPERCHARGED logo. http://www.diablosport.com/Manufactu...%20GT%20CL7140[sm=closed.gif]

Old 06-10-2005, 11:39 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

WTF are you talking about??? Yes the difference is the C&L logo because if you have a C&L intake and a Predator (like the thread title states) and it boots with the C&L logo you can use the tune. If not it won't download into your Predator. Also, if you have a SC then you don't have a C&L intake. I don't know where you got your info from but here is the link I'm using and r21 is only for Predators that boot up with a SUPERCHARGED logo. http://www.diablosport.com/Manufactu...%20GT%20CL7140[sm=closed.gif]
Dave, I respectfully disagree. You are trying two lump two totally different things into one generic statement... and you are incorrect, and could mislead people who have a different Predator than you do.

I have a C&L intake and a Predator on my car. When it boots, the DiabloSports logo comes up (not the C&L logo). And, it boots with r21... as stated by Diablo right here [look under "1) Tech Support"]: http://diablosports.com/U7140.php

With this version of the Predator, you need to download the C&L tune from here (because it is not pre-loaded): http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads..._tunes_C&L.php

And contrary to your statement above, it does indeed download... I know this for a fact, because I did it myself last Friday. Quite successfully, I might add.

So, like I said before, your thread title is inaccurate. It is not for anyone who has a C&L CAI and the Predator... it only applies to those who have a Predator like yours; not to those like mine.

And one more thing... I'd be willing to bet you a steak dinner that the C&L CAI will work with a supercharger... the Saleen Series VI in particular. That is based on observing the two pics below: one of my C&L CAI and one of the Saleen SC. It sure looks like the Saleen is attached to the stock intake tube... which can be replaced by a CAI. Am I wrong? I can taste that steak now...

I'm not trying to bash you, Dave... just wanting to clarify the situation.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15351/8DACF12C4F554F218F8C4065C38B15F5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15351/FF760397C15743D5A2EB8476BCD43853.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-10-2005, 11:50 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

[
[/quote]

Dave, I respectfully disagree. You are trying two lump two totally different things into one generic statement... and you are incorrect, and could mislead people who have a different Predator than you do.

I have a C&L intake and a Predator on my car. When it boots, the DiabloSports logo comes up (not the C&L logo). And, it boots with r21... as stated by Diablo right here [look under "1) Tech Support"]: http://diablosports.com/U7140.php

With this version of the Predator, you need to download the C&L tune from here (because it is not pre-loaded): http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads..._tunes_C&L.php

And contrary to your statement above, it does indeed download... I know this for a fact, because I did it myself last Friday. Quite successfully, I might add.

So, like I said before, your thread title is inaccurate. It is not for anyone who has a C&L CAI and the Predator... it only applies to those who have a Predator like yours; not to those like mine.

And one more thing... I'd be willing to bet you a steak dinner that the C&L CAI will work with a supercharger... the Saleen Series VI in particular. That is based on observing the two pics below: one of my C&L CAI and one of the Saleen SC. It sure looks like the Saleen is attached to the stock intake tube... which can be replaced by a CAI. Am I wrong? I can taste that steak now...

I'm not trying to bash you, Dave... just wanting to clarify the situation.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15351/8DACF12C4F554F218F8C4065C38B15F5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15351/FF760397C15743D5A2EB8476BCD43853.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Ok don w, The thread title should have read "Anyone with C&L intake and a Diablo Sport Preadator U7140 with the C&L logo and who has a home PC and the PC interface kit read this thread and anyone who dosn't don't bother"

I mentioned several times that you have to have a Predator that boots with the C&L logo.

The tune you were talking about, r21, is for a Paxton or Procharger, I just said "A" supercharger because r21 is irrelevant, and if you have one of these superchargers you don't have a C&L intake.

I like fillet mignon.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:55 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

I don't have a SC, but I do have r21... and it is the correct version for my Predator.

I'll take ribeye... medium, please.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:00 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

I don't have a SC, but I do have r21... and it is the correct version for my Predator.

I'll take ribeye... medium, please.
Thats nice, I guess you clicked on the wrong thread then. I've been talking about updates the whole time, not what newer predators show when they boot up.

Quick Reply: Anyone w/ C&L and Predator