Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Magnaflow Tru X w/cats on today

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 06:01 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Magnaflow Tru X w/cats on today

ORIGINAL: hawgman

You by chance plugged your Predator in to see if it is throwing any O2 sensor codes out with the new cats?
No, I thought if there was a problem the CEL would come on? Even though I live in Florida (no emissions test) I want to keep this car legal for a while and I thought with the hi-flow cats the emissions were still OK?
Old 06-13-2005, 06:05 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: budgy

Yeah thats kind of what I meant, like if you say already did an axleback exhuast, those mufflers are louder than stock already, removing the cat's altogether will pretty much take away any sound deadening there is. I personally plan to do headers into x pipe w/high flow cats and an axleback.
Yeah, I would like a MAC axle-back but that might make it too loud for my tastes right now and I don't really like the 4" rolled tips look so I'm still undecided but they're growing on me.

Thats a hell of Sig you've got!!

Edit: BTW, I still don't understand, how do you get an avatar, I tried to make my pictures small in the photo shop but they're still too big?
Old 06-13-2005, 06:23 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I believe I have read people having O2 sensor codes being thrown without the CEL coming on. As for still being legal, it certainly should be.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:27 PM
budgy
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

ORIGINAL: budgy

Yeah thats kind of what I meant, like if you say already did an axleback exhuast, those mufflers are louder than stock already, removing the cat's altogether will pretty much take away any sound deadening there is. I personally plan to do headers into x pipe w/high flow cats and an axleback.
Yeah, I would like a MAC axle-back but that might make it too loud for my tastes right now and I don't really like the 4" rolled tips look so I'm still undecided but they're growing on me.

Thats a hell of Sig you've got!!

Edit: BTW, I still don't understand, how do you get an avatar, I tried to make my pictures small in the photo shop but they're still too big?
Thanks, im still trying to figure out how to make avatars work too.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:44 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Avatars have to be small... really small... like 10kb or less (something like that). Keep shrinking...
Old 06-13-2005, 08:33 PM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

hrmmmmm i dont wanna be toooo loud...maybe ill go with slp power flos instaed of loud mouths if im gonna do all this stuff
Old 06-13-2005, 08:38 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: KandyMan

hrmmmmm i dont wanna be toooo loud...maybe ill go with slp power flos instaed of loud mouths if im gonna do all this stuff
Personally, I think the PowerFlos sound awesome, and I doubt if you would be disappointed. The burnout video is a pretty good example of their sound.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:34 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Sounded like someone was yelling in the back ground, I couldn't hear the exhaust[sm=joke.gif] They sound good, race carish. As for the avatars, I shrunk my pictures as much as possible in my photo shop and they still wouldn't upload. Oh well, I guess it's more mysterious this way.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:07 AM
flyingt
2nd Gear Member

Questions for all. Wouldn't shorties still give a little stronger note coming off your exhaust? What hp would one find on with just adding shorties if any? I have the Roush cat back system,does anyone know of this set-ups performance compared to others? Thanks for any help.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:07 AM
budgy
1st Gear Member

I dont think ive heard of anyone buying different exhaust combinations for their stang and getting them dyno tested, so its tough to say whether one set up will perform better than another. The only thing you could compare is like shorty vs long tube headers, or h pipe vs x pipe, high flow cats vs no cats, mufflers vs no mufflers, that type of thing. I am pretty sure everyone is using mandrel bends and the piping diameters on the aftermarket stuff seems to be the same too. The only difference from one brand too another would be sound, durability and/or finished look, and maybe weight.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Tru X w/cats on today